From: TJ on
lol
From: Rich Greenberg on
In article <4bf6e327$0$22937$e4fe514c(a)news.xs4all.nl>,
Linea Recta <mccm.vos(a)abc.invalid> wrote:

>Indeed it has. (So has the Logitech webcam). But still, the led light on the
>laptop is very tiny and barely visible in broad daylight. Besides, one never
>knows what software tricks are going to be played, disabling the green light
>etc. So I need a physical solution. You might call it paranoid?

A bit of duct tape over the lens?

--
Rich Greenberg N Ft Myers, FL, USA richgr atsign panix.com + 1 239 543 1353
Canines:Val, Red, Shasta & Casey (RIP), Red & Zero, Siberians Owner:Chinook-L
From: Linea Recta on
"Rich Greenberg" <richgr(a)panix.com> schreef in bericht
> In article <4bf6e327$0$22937$e4fe514c(a)news.xs4all.nl>,
> Linea Recta <mccm.vos(a)abc.invalid> wrote:
>
>>Indeed it has. (So has the Logitech webcam). But still, the led light on
>>the
>>laptop is very tiny and barely visible in broad daylight. Besides, one
>>never
>>knows what software tricks are going to be played, disabling the green
>>light
>>etc. So I need a physical solution. You might call it paranoid?
>
> A bit of duct tape over the lens?

I don't like that solution very much. It may become very hard to clean the
lens later on.

--
regards,

|\ /|
| \/ |@rk
\../
\/os

From: P.V. on
"Linea Recta" <mccm.vos(a)abc.invalid> kirjoitti
viestiss�:4bf8076c$0$22938$e4fe514c(a)news.xs4all.nl...
>> A bit of duct tape over the lens?
>>

> I don't like that solution very much. It may become very hard to clean the
> lens later on.

I was going to suggest tape too, though masking tape, but decided not to
because on a second thought it didn't sound like a very cool idea... Anyway,
a tape-based solution would work for me -- on my laptop the lens is so deep
in a hole that tape would never touch it.

If on your laptop the lens is more vulnerable you could tear or cut a small
(meaning something like fingernail-sized) piece of paper or screen-cleaning
cloth, stick it on the tape, and then place the tape on the camera the piece
of paper or cloth facing the lens.

P.V.

From: BillW50 on
In news:4bf8076c$0$22938$e4fe514c(a)news.xs4all.nl,
Linea Recta typed on Sat, 22 May 2010 18:33:44 +0200:
> "Rich Greenberg" <richgr(a)panix.com> schreef in bericht
>> In article <4bf6e327$0$22937$e4fe514c(a)news.xs4all.nl>,
>> Linea Recta <mccm.vos(a)abc.invalid> wrote:
>>
>>> Indeed it has. (So has the Logitech webcam). But still, the led
>>> light on the laptop is very tiny and barely visible in broad
>>> daylight. Besides, one never knows what software tricks are going to
>>> be played, disabling the green light etc. So I need a physical
>>> solution. You might call it paranoid?
>>
>> A bit of duct tape over the lens?
>
> I don't like that solution very much. It may become very hard to
> clean the lens later on.

How about one of those small clips they sell in grocery stores and such
to reclose snack bags?

--
Bill
Gateway M465e ('06 era) - Windows XP SP3