From: Linea Recta on
I wonder, is there some clip on the market for blinding the webcam on a
laptop? Never seen anything of the sort though and I don't have time to make
one myself.
On the desktop I have a Logitech webcam which is equipped with a sort of
spectacle which moves over the lens when the cam is not in use. This ensures
prevention of spying.

--
regards,

|\ /|
| \/ |@rk
\../
\/os

From: BillW50 on
In news:4bf6d115$0$22933$e4fe514c(a)news.xs4all.nl,
Linea Recta typed on Fri, 21 May 2010 20:29:40 +0200:
> I wonder, is there some clip on the market for blinding the webcam on
> a laptop? Never seen anything of the sort though and I don't have
> time to make one myself.
> On the desktop I have a Logitech webcam which is equipped with a sort
> of spectacle which moves over the lens when the cam is not in use.
> This ensures prevention of spying.

On four of mine, the built in webcam has a green light. Thus you know
when it is on or off. Nobody can see you when the light is off. Does
yours have a light too?

--
Bill
Gateway M465e ('06 era) - Windows XP SP3

From: Linea Recta on

"BillW50" <BillW50(a)aol.kom> schreef in bericht
> In news:4bf6d115$0$22933$e4fe514c(a)news.xs4all.nl,
> Linea Recta typed on Fri, 21 May 2010 20:29:40 +0200:
>> I wonder, is there some clip on the market for blinding the webcam on
>> a laptop? Never seen anything of the sort though and I don't have
>> time to make one myself.
>> On the desktop I have a Logitech webcam which is equipped with a sort
>> of spectacle which moves over the lens when the cam is not in use.
>> This ensures prevention of spying.
>
> On four of mine, the built in webcam has a green light. Thus you know when
> it is on or off. Nobody can see you when the light is off. Does yours have
> a light too?

Indeed it has. (So has the Logitech webcam). But still, the led light on the
laptop is very tiny and barely visible in broad daylight. Besides, one never
knows what software tricks are going to be played, disabling the green light
etc. So I need a physical solution. You might call it paranoid?

--
regards,

|\ /|
| \/ |@rk
\../
\/os

From: Metspitzer on

http://www.tapebrothers.com/Duct-Tape-s/1.htm?Click=6446&crtag=Google&gclid=CN6UjvKL5KECFQifnAod6CW3JA
From: BillW50 on
In news:4bf6e327$0$22937$e4fe514c(a)news.xs4all.nl,
Linea Recta typed on Fri, 21 May 2010 21:46:43 +0200:
> "BillW50" <BillW50(a)aol.kom> schreef in bericht
>> In news:4bf6d115$0$22933$e4fe514c(a)news.xs4all.nl,
>> Linea Recta typed on Fri, 21 May 2010 20:29:40 +0200:
>>> I wonder, is there some clip on the market for blinding the webcam
>>> on a laptop? Never seen anything of the sort though and I don't have
>>> time to make one myself.
>>> On the desktop I have a Logitech webcam which is equipped with a
>>> sort of spectacle which moves over the lens when the cam is not in
>>> use. This ensures prevention of spying.
>>
>> On four of mine, the built in webcam has a green light. Thus you
>> know when it is on or off. Nobody can see you when the light is off.
>> Does yours have a light too?
>
> Indeed it has. (So has the Logitech webcam). But still, the led light
> on the laptop is very tiny and barely visible in broad daylight.
> Besides, one never knows what software tricks are going to be played,
> disabling the green light etc. So I need a physical solution. You
> might call it paranoid?

Yes I understand. My ex-GF wanted me to leave mine on all of the time.
And I would throw a towel over my webcam when I was going to take a
shower. lol