From: hadi motamedi on
Dear All
I have added the following line to my /etc/vfstab :
/dev/dsk/c0t2d0s3 /dev/rdsk/c0t2d0s3 /opt ufs 2 yes -
Then I made an image from another solaris8 machine /opt and added it
to mine. At now, the format command recognizes three disks but my /opt
does not contain any data. Can you please let me know why?
From: Chris Cox on
On Tue, 2010-07-06 at 20:58 -0700, hadi motamedi wrote:
> Dear All
> I have added the following line to my /etc/vfstab :
> /dev/dsk/c0t2d0s3 /dev/rdsk/c0t2d0s3 /opt ufs 2 yes -
> Then I made an image from another solaris8 machine /opt and added it
> to mine. At now, the format command recognizes three disks but my /opt
> does not contain any data. Can you please let me know why?

Maybe /opt is a part of the root filesystem data (/) and didn't really
get made into it's own filesystem?? Just guessing...

From: hadi motamedi on
> Maybe /opt is a part of the root filesystem data (/) and didn't really
> get made into it's own filesystem??  Just guessing...
The '/' resides on c0t0d0s0 but the '/opt' resides on /c0t0d0s5 so on
different slices . Can you please let me know how to add data from the
imported /opt ?

From: chuckers on
On Jul 7, 2:08 pm, hadi motamedi <motamed...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> > Maybe /opt is a part of the root filesystem data (/) and didn't really
> > get made into it's own filesystem??  Just guessing...
>
> The '/' resides on c0t0d0s0 but the '/opt' resides on /c0t0d0s5 so on
> different slices . Can you please let me know how to add data from the
> imported /opt ?

{assuming that your new /opt is mount properly}

mount /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s5 /mnt
cd /opt
ufsdump 0f /mnt - | ufsrestore -rf -
umount /mnt

That will copy what was in your old /opt to your new /opt on the new
disk.
From: hadi motamedi on
> mount /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s5 /mnt
> cd /opt
> ufsdump 0f /mnt - | ufsrestore -rf -
> umount /mnt
> That will copy what was in your old /opt to your new /opt on the new
> disk.
My old(original) /opt resides on /c0t0d0s5 and it has no data and I
want to import new data from added /c0t2d0s3 to /opt. Can you please
let me know how it can be accomplished?