From: dkelvey on
On Dec 21, 3:00 pm, Al <albun...(a)mailinator.com> wrote:
> On Dec 21, 1:01 pm, "dkel...(a)hotmail.com" <dkel...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Hi
>
> > Maybe someone more clever than I will figure out from my adventures
> > what have REALLY happened? Keep trying folks!
>
> > BTW, in the abovementioned menu there's a place where you can check
> > your inks' serial number and their status (Information menu->pen
> > supply serial number (SN) and Information menu->pen supply level of
> > ink (LOI) ). Before my trick the black ink serial was probably the
> > same it is now (curse me, I didn't write the number down), but the LOI
> > status HAS changed from "empty" to "OK". So, to put this all short:
> > there definitely IS a way to change the LOI status of an ink by
> > following SOME procedure not involving taping any contacts on the ink,
> > using professional ink resetters etc., e.g. purely from the level of
> > the control board of the printer. I'd be as happy as you to find out
> > what could it be.
>
> > Greetings,
> > Lamesz
>
> What you proved is that you really did not have a hardware failure.
> You stumbled on to a software work-around. If it happens again, you
> will surely document how to get through again.
> Let us know how it works out. I have had my hopes dashed by HP before
> when such fixes proved to be temporary.

Hi
I didn't try it as the machine is still apart. I can clearly see
that yellow ink is not making it to the head so I'll work on fixing
the blocked ink first. There is really a physical problem.

I did try using the OK-Setup reset. It would temporarily clear the
error but I don't think it did much good other than waste what the
printer
thought was in the cartridges( and wrote it to the chip ).

I'll give a full account of what I've done once I have something
positive
to say or found something that is working for me.

My guess right now is that the error message comes from the sensors
on the pump body. I think they are optical ink detectors. When it sees
a bubble in the line, it flags an error. Once the printers ink is
primed,
there should be no bubbles.

I'm guessing this based on watching the action after doing the OK-
Setup reset.
I think there is some yellow ink in the head but my guess is that the
printer keeps track of usage and the need to do the refill sequence by
the
amount of times it spits ink out.

It didn't attempt a refill, after the reset and running the priming
sequence,
that assumes the printer has been primed but it just flagged the error
message with
nothing moving. When I took the machine apart, I could see some yellow
ink
in the line leading to the pump but also I could see bubbles. I didn't
see such bubbles in the other lines. The the print head input line
shows no
ink at all.

Dwight
From: dkelvey on
On Dec 21, 4:58 pm, "dkel...(a)hotmail.com" <dkel...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> primed,
> there should be no bubbles.
>
> I'm guessing this based on watching the action after doing the OK-
> Setup reset.
> I think there is some yellow ink in the head but my guess is that the
> printer keeps track of usage and the need to do the refill sequence by
> the
> amount of times it spits ink out.
>
> It didn't attempt a refill, after the reset and running the priming
> sequence,
> that assumes the printer has been primed but it just flagged the error
> message with
> nothing moving. When I took the machine apart, I could see some yellow
> ink
> in the line leading to the pump but also I could see bubbles. I didn't
> see such bubbles in the other lines. The the print head input line

Hi
I've made some progress but not enough to claim victory.
The 0xc18a0306 message is fixed. This was caused by
a clog in the outlet of the pump on the yellow ink tube.
I stuck a pin in the hole and what ever it was cleared with
a squirt. There seems to be something in there like rust.
The outlet also has some sensor on it. Having a clearer look
at it, it look like they have some type of probe with two wires.
It might be a thermistor or something. I'll have to look at the
other lines to see if this makes sense. I may have damaged
what ever it was with the needle.
I now have a 0c18a0301 error message. I've not been able
to bypass the low ink block for the yellow cartridge either.
I'm not sure if I want to invest $11 just to see if it can be made
to print. I can bypass the 0c18a0301 error using the
hidden menu.
Dwight
From: dkelvey on
On Dec 23, 2:28 pm, "dkel...(a)hotmail.com" <dkel...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
>
> Hi
>  I've made some progress but not enough to claim victory.
> The 0xc18a0306 message is fixed. This was caused by
> a clog in the outlet of the pump on the yellow ink tube.
> I stuck a pin in the hole and what ever it was cleared with
> a squirt. There seems to be something in there like rust.
> The outlet also has some sensor on it. Having a clearer look
> at it, it look like they have some type of probe with two wires.
> It might be a thermistor or something. I'll have to look at the
> other lines to see if this makes sense. I may have damaged
> what ever it was with the needle.
>  I now have a 0c18a0301 error message. I've not been able
> to bypass the low ink block for the yellow cartridge either.
> I'm not sure if I want to invest $11 just to see if it can be made
> to print. I can bypass the  0c18a0301 error using the

Hi
Itlooks like the black ink is blocked. That is begining to
make some sense. Black is 1 yellow is 6. The generic
0xc18a030X is a failure of one of the ink paths.
Dwight