From: simon on
I have ASP application on IIS 7.0. I would like to set that some files
in folder are in cache for example for 1 week. I set system.webServer/
caching for that folder to enable cache and set maxcacheSize and
maxResponseSize to 0.
I have js files in that folder. But when I go to my web browser I see
the following header:

Cache-Control no-cache
Content-Type application/x-javascript
Last-Modified Tue, 13 Oct 2009 08:42:55 GMT
Accept-Ranges bytes
Etag "2c94a828e14bca1:0"

Why is cache-control: no-cache ? How can I set that all js files in
that folder are cached until they change or are always in cache, so
never expires? (If I want to change the cached file I usually change
the name of the file)

Thank you for yur answer,
Simon
From: Kanwaljeet Singla on
Default value of location property for each caching profile is "Server"
which tells caching module to only cache the response at the server and not
on the client. To enable caching in browser, you need to set location to
Client or ServerAndClient. See
http://www.iis.net/ConfigReference/system.webServer/caching/profiles/add for
more details.

Thanks,
Kanwal

"simon" <zupan.net(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have ASP application on IIS 7.0. I would like to set that some files
> in folder are in cache for example for 1 week. I set system.webServer/
> caching for that folder to enable cache and set maxcacheSize and
> maxResponseSize to 0.
> I have js files in that folder. But when I go to my web browser I see
> the following header:
>
> Cache-Control no-cache
> Content-Type application/x-javascript
> Last-Modified Tue, 13 Oct 2009 08:42:55 GMT
> Accept-Ranges bytes
> Etag "2c94a828e14bca1:0"
>
> Why is cache-control: no-cache ? How can I set that all js files in
> that folder are cached until they change or are always in cache, so
> never expires? (If I want to change the cached file I usually change
> the name of the file)
>
> Thank you for yur answer,
> Simon

Pages: 1