From: bharat pathak on
Hello,

I have background in DSP both theory as well
as practical. But I do not have much experience
in the area of wireless or digital communications.

Could someone help me define a problem that
could be taken up as work towards successful
completion of PhD?

I am looking for problems related to wireless/ofdm.

Thanks,
Bharat

From: cpshah99 on
>Hello,
>
> I have background in DSP both theory as well
> as practical. But I do not have much experience
> in the area of wireless or digital communications.
>
> Could someone help me define a problem that
> could be taken up as work towards successful
> completion of PhD?
>
> I am looking for problems related to wireless/ofdm.
>
>Thanks,
>Bharat

MIMO-OFDM is a good. Specifically, synchronization issues. If you can
introduce error correction coding (Turbo, LDPC), that will be good as
well.

Chintan
From: fatalist on
On Jul 14, 10:54 pm, "bharat pathak" <bharat(a)n_o_s_p_a_m.arithos.com>
wrote:
> Hello,
>
>     I have background in DSP both theory as well
>     as practical. But I do not have much experience
>     in the area of wireless or digital communications.
>
>     Could someone help me define a problem that
>     could be taken up as work towards successful
>     completion of PhD?
>
>     I am looking for problems related to wireless/ofdm.
>
> Thanks,
> Bharat

PhD ???

Why ???

Here is a good one to read before you start wasting your time and
(hopefully other people's) money getting your "Piled Higher & Deeper"
degree

http://www.phdcomics.com/comics/archive.php?comicid=1329

From: Clay on
wrote:
> Hello,
>
>     I have background in DSP both theory as well
>     as practical. But I do not have much experience
>     in the area of wireless or digital communications.
>
>     Could someone help me define a problem that
>     could be taken up as work towards successful
>     completion of PhD?
>
>     I am looking for problems related to wireless/ofdm.
>
> Thanks,
> Bharat

You need to look at the potential advisors that you have available and
talk to them to see if they are willing to sponser you and if so they
will work with you on defining a problem to work on. Typically the
dept's experts have areas of expertise that should be well advertised
somewhere (dept website, course catalog etc, personal websites) and
talk to one whose expertise is in an area you are interested in.

Good Luck,
Clay
From: Vladimir Vassilevsky on

bharat pathak wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have background in DSP both theory as well
> as practical. But I do not have much experience
> in the area of wireless or digital communications.
>
> Could someone help me define a problem that
> could be taken up as work towards successful
> completion of PhD?
>
> I am looking for problems related to wireless/ofdm.

Sure. Get PhD online. It will be mailed it to you.

PhD is not an award in appreciation of your brilliance, but something
that they give to you in exchange for the specific piece of work that
you did for them. It is a sort of employee-employer relationship. Start
with finding the university people who would sponsor and back up your work.

VLV