From: anna on
I thought this was a windows Vista Home Premium problem with file
associations, but since I have tried everything I can think of using default
programs, Open With, server associations, I think it must be a problem with
Front Page 2003

when I go to html or htm files, right click to Open With, Front Page is not
in the list of programs I can associate the file with. When I browse, I can
find frontpg.exe, but when I click on it, it will not associate with any
program. It will not go into the default programs list.

I have reset associations in start, default programs utility in Vista Home
Premium. Again, I try to change the html and htm file associations but the
frontpg.exe will not change the association.

I even tried to Enable FrontPage Server Extensions on the System, using the
MMC snap-in console. Still can't associate FP2003 with any default program.
What else is there?

I have installed and uninstalled Frong Page, which is a stand along program.
I have Office 2003 but did not install FP in with the Office suite. I had
the same issue when it was installed withing MS Office 2003.

What else can I do?
--
@nna

From: Kathleen Anderson on
Check the HTML editor setting in Internet Explorer under Tools | Internet
Options | Programs - if it's not selected there, can you select it?

--

~ Kathleen Anderson
Microsoft MVP - Expression Web

From: LD55ZRA on
By default, all htm and html files are associated to open with either
Internet Explorer or in rare circumstances other browsers where the user has
changed this deliberately.

However, what you want is the default editor to edit html files and you can
try this by opening your Internet Explorer and going to Tools, Internet
Options, and now clicking on Programs.

The first item is html editor and this is where you can select FP2003. On
some machines (I won't go into detail about this here) you need to be in
Administrator login for any changes to be permanent.

hth

From: anna on
"Kathleen Anderson" <kanderson(a)remove.mvps.org> wrote in message
> Check the HTML editor setting in Internet Explorer under Tools | Internet
> Options | Programs - if it's not selected there, can you select it?
>
> --
>
> ~ Kathleen Anderson
> Microsoft MVP - Expression Web
> Spider Web Woman Designs
> Expression Web Resources: http://www.spiderwebwoman.com/xweb/
> Expression Web Wiki: http://expression-web-wiki.com/
> FrontPage Resources: http://www.spiderwebwoman.com/resources/
> Please reply to the newsgroup for the benefit of others

I didn't think to do that earlier, but it did not change the htm or html
file association. I did however see more extensions associated with Front
Page.

Still, when I try to open with, default program, and select Frontpg.exe, it
will not select.

Is there a remover of FrontPage 2003 so I can install it as if for the first
time? I can do it manually also, if there is a file guide online.

In the default programs that I can choose from when I select Open With,
there is a flag that says Misc. When I was having trouble associating Front
Page, I think I accidentally had the always open with checked when it jumped
to a Misc file. Where would I go to unassociate that Flag Misc in the
program associations?

--
@nna

From: LD55ZRA on

> Is there a remover of FrontPage 2003 so I can install it as if for the
> first time? I can do it manually also, if there is a file guide online.

Try this link:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

hth