From: jeffl on
Sonar 7.2
Recently I am unable to view the synth rack regardless of what project I
open. I cannot find it hiding on the edge of the screen--not sure what
happened. All the other views pop up when I hit their icon or shortcut keys
but neither works when summoning the synth view.
Any ideas?
Thanks again,
Jeff

From: jeffl on
I found a workaround--views>show open view tabs ---this puts a tab and you
can access the synth rack in track view at the bottom
something's funny in my DAW. Fatal errors several times tonight. I haven't
added any software and my DAW is not online..hmmmmm.....

FWIW I'm starting to work with more people (once again) using mac/protools.
I'm thinking of jumping ship--ie buying all new stuff (and also keeping what
I've been using)...ie--adding a pro mac setup plus protools and whatever
else I can afford

From: Steve_Karl on
How old is your OS hard drive?
It might be getting some bad sectors from wear 'n' tear old age.
chkdsk C: /F and look at the results in the DOS box.
http://sightsea.com/renders/chkdsk.jpg

If more than ZERO

then run chkdsk C: /R and it will move any data out of the bad
and mark them as "do not use these"
.... but then get an other OS drive asap.

From: Steve_Karl on
DOH sorry ...
you won't be able to see the results in the DOS box becase you can't run it on C: in windows.
Maybe in even viewer
Maybe some one can tell you where the results can be seen after the fact, if not in event wiever.

SK

From: Sue Morton on
Jeff --

I know your frustration well. But before you go that very expensive
route...

I recall you've looked at Reaper... have you given it serious
consideration?

Reaper is a 30-day trial BUT the program is always fully functional.
That's the only reason I have a license today. My time was/is limited,
so when I decided to examine Reaper I could not evaluate it properly in
30 calendar days. It took me the better part of a year to learn it well
enough to know I could use it, and I licensed my copy.

I can't speak for the Reaper folks, of course, but I can't see how
they'd mind you working with the program long enough to know if you can
use it, as I did. Since you'd not be using the program to produce
income or other viable work without paying for the license, it's in
their best interest to allow you whatever time you need. If they were
truly concerned about holding people to a 30 calendar day trial they
would make it a LOT harder for the average Joe to run the program past
the trial period by forcing them to use cracks etc.

I'm not a spokesperson for Reaper and I'm not suggesting I think Reaper
*will* work for you. But it costs you nothing (except your time) to
check it out.

Macs, protools etc. are all possibilities too -- and a lot more
expensive to 'try'. Yes that's working out well for a number of people,
but so is Sonar, Reaper, Nuendo, Samplitude, Cubase...

Just my $0.02 USD.
--
Sue Morton