From: mp on
in vb6 it's GetUserName(stBuff, lBuffLen)
where GetUserName() is in the win api
how to do in dotnet? (2008 express)
couldn't find in help - guess i don't know the right search term, user,
username,login,loginname etc didn't turn up an answer that i could see.

thanks
mark

From: Herfried K. Wagner [MVP] on
Am 26.06.2010 20:40, schrieb mp:
> in vb6 it's GetUserName(stBuff, lBuffLen)
> where GetUserName() is in the win api
> how to do in dotnet? (2008 express)
> couldn't find in help - guess i don't know the right search term, user,
> username,login,loginname etc didn't turn up an answer that i could see.

Environment.UserName Property (System)
<URL:http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.environment.username.aspx>

--
M S Herfried K. Wagner
M V P <URL:http://dotnet.mvps.org/>
From: mp on

"Herfried K. Wagner [MVP]" <hirf-spam-me-here(a)gmx.at> wrote in message
> Am 26.06.2010 20:40, schrieb mp:
>> in vb6 it's GetUserName(stBuff, lBuffLen)
>> where GetUserName() is in the win api
>> how to do in dotnet? (2008 express)
>> couldn't find in help - guess i don't know the right search term, user,
>> username,login,loginname etc didn't turn up an answer that i could see.
>
> Environment.UserName Property (System)
> <URL:http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.environment.username.aspx>
>
> --
> M S Herfried K. Wagner
> M V P <URL:http://dotnet.mvps.org/>
> V B <URL:http://dotnet.mvps.org/dotnet/faqs/>

Thanks Herfried,
i could swear that username didn't pull that up in my searches...but it sure
does now!
Guess i was just temporarily blind!?! (or permanently stupid maybe :-) )
Thanks again,
Mark