From: hugocoolens on
I'm still trying to find out the best way to record video and audio
together with standard Xandros on my eee-pc.
I recently started experimenting with ffmpeg and found out the
recorded video is of very good quality. Unfortunately I can't figure
out how to include audio recording with ffmpeg itself. I already tried
to get help on an eee-pc forum but without succes.
Maybe some
linux-guru can help here?
This is how I proceed:

sudo echo 1 > /proc/acpi/asus/camera
ffmpeg -f video4linux2 -s 320x240 -r 25 -i /dev/video -f mpeg test.mpg

I also figured out a method to get audio too, however the result is
obviously not very good:
arecord >dump_sound.wav & ffmpeg -f video4linux2 -s 320x240 -r 25 -i /
dev/video -f mpeg test.mpeg

followed by the following command to get sound and video together
ffmpeg -i dump_sound.wav -i test.mpg -target dvd all_together.mpg

I'm sure it can be done better, who does know how?

Pages: 1
Prev: Deleting Users
Next: ripping CDs