From: Benjamin David Lunt on
Hello everyone,

I have finally figured out the sequence needed to officially
post the FAQ list to these two groups.

The procedure is to cross post them to 5 groups:
alt.lang.asm,comp.lang.asm.x86,alt.answers,comp.answers,news.answers
First getting an approval notice from the MIT news server.

Unfortunately, my ISP has a cross posting limit of 4 groups
instead of the 5 needed. Therefore, I have posted to the
three *.answer groups as one cross post message set, and then
the other two (these two) groups as the second set. For
a total of 12 cross post messages.

Unfortunately, my ISP has a total cross post limit of 8 messages
a day. (Well not exactly, there is a formula they use).

Therefore, the first two parts of the FAQ list have been posted
yesterday, while the remaining four parts will post as soon
as the clax moderators approve them.

Hopefully, in the future, I will post the 6 messages to
the *.answers groups one day, then post the other 6 to these
two groups the next day. The MIT news server has yet to
produce their postings.

I have noticed that there is an automated posting on the first
of the month (or James posts it) to the clax group explaining
where the FAQ are located. Do we still want this message to
continue to be posted or shall we discontinue this message?
Either way is fine for me.

Thanks to everyone for their patience while I have been getting
this in order. Once I have done so, the FAQ postings should be
around the 21st of each month. With this in mind, they may
be posted twice this month.

Thanks,
Ben

--
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Forever Young Software

Batteries not included, some assembly required.

From: Nathan Baker on
"Benjamin David Lunt" <zfysz(a)fysnet.net> wrote in message
> Hello everyone,
>
> I have finally figured out the sequence needed to officially
> post the FAQ list to these two groups.
>
> {confusing, convoluted steps snipped}

Who told you to do it this way??

> I have noticed that there is an automated posting on the first
> of the month (or James posts it) to the clax group explaining
> where the FAQ are located. Do we still want this message to
> continue to be posted or shall we discontinue this message?
> Either way is fine for me.

It is an automated posting.

> Thanks to everyone for their patience while I have been getting
> this in order. Once I have done so, the FAQ postings should be
> around the 21st of each month. With this in mind, they may
> be posted twice this month.

You might want to add a section for 64-bit material. I have some resource
links here: http://delicious.com/Evenbit/

Also, you should update the last paragraph of Part I, section 3.1 to:

,---
If your ISP does not carry this newsgroup, you can send your post directly
to the email mentioned above using the following address:

comp-lang-asm-x86(a)moderators.isc.org

or

clax86-submit(a)inspiretomorrow.net
`---

Nathan.

From: Esra Sdrawkcab on
On Wed, 03 Feb 2010 14:38:42 -0000, Benjamin David Lunt <zfysz(a)fysnet.net>
wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I have finally figured out the sequence needed to officially
> post the FAQ list to these two groups.

There have been no changes to the FAQ since 2004?

--
Nuns! Reverse!
From: Frank Kotler on
Nathan Baker wrote:
> "Benjamin David Lunt" <zfysz(a)fysnet.net> wrote in message
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> I have finally figured out the sequence needed to officially
>> post the FAQ list to these two groups.
>>
>> {confusing, convoluted steps snipped}
>
> Who told you to do it this way??

Well, there are more rules, it seems. Some, but not all, of Ben's FAQ
posts are not being fully propagated. They don't make it to aioe, for
example. I thought maybe we were doing something wrong, but couldn't see
anything. Then I thought "maybe aioe has a size limit". Checked:

http://www.aioe.org/03.html

Sure enough, 32k. That explains that. Strangely, the same(?) messages
that don't make it to aioe don't appear in a.l.a. either. Still puzzling
over that one!

Best,
Frank
From: Benjamin David Lunt on

wrote:

>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> I have finally figured out the sequence needed to officially
>> post the FAQ list to these two groups.

>There have been no changes to the FAQ since 2004?

Hence the reason for the post :-) If everything goes as planned,
the FAQ list at www.faqs.org should be updated soon. However,
they have yet to do so.

Ben