From: samotek via AccessMonster.com on
n my form I have 2 columns, namely products.office and productsOld.office.
They contain prices.They are mostly identical but sometimes they differ.Is it
possible, when they are not identical, the row to be red? I know that for
forms it is not possible, but maybe I am wrong ?

for example:
namely products.office productsOld.office

545 545
300 200 - in this case to prices to be red?

From: Marshall Barton on
samotek via AccessMonster.com wrote:

>n my form I have 2 columns, namely products.office and productsOld.office.
>They contain prices.They are mostly identical but sometimes they differ.Is it
>possible, when they are not identical, the row to be red? I know that for
>forms it is not possible, but maybe I am wrong ?
>
>for example:
>namely products.office productsOld.office
>
>545 545
>300 200 - in this case to prices to be red?

Here's a solution you can use in both form's and reports.
Add a text box to the detail section and set its Top and
Left to 0. Set its Height and Width to the same value as
the detail section. Then use Conditional Formatting (View
menu) with the Expression Is: option. Set the expression to
something like:
[ProductOffice] <> [ProductOldOffice]
and choose Red as the BackColor.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]
From: John W. Vinson on
On Wed, 12 May 2010 16:41:37 GMT, "samotek via AccessMonster.com" <u15330(a)uwe>
wrote:

>n my form I have 2 columns, namely products.office and productsOld.office.
>They contain prices.They are mostly identical but sometimes they differ.Is it
>possible, when they are not identical, the row to be red? I know that for
>forms it is not possible, but maybe I am wrong ?
>
>for example:
>namely products.office productsOld.office
>
>545 545
>300 200 - in this case to prices to be red?

Not only possible, but easy!

Open the form in design view. Select the ProductsOld.Office textbox. Choose
Format... Conditional Formatting from the Menu (Conditional on the Design
ribbon in 2007/2010). Use an Expression

[productsOld].[Office] <> [products].[Office]

and choose red as the background color.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]