From: Melbert2000 on
I design training, and I'm working with Flash CS3. However, the latest version
of flash player that is installed on our network is 8. Is there any way to
convert a project that is developed in Flash CS3 to run on flash player 8
instead of 9? :sad;

From: nudoru on
you can change the publish setting to output SWFs for Flash player 8. you just need to make sure that you're not coding using Actionscript 3 since it's only available in player 9.
From: Melbert2000 on
Thank you so much for your quick and straight answer! That was exactly what I
was looking for.

I have another question now that I have this new information. When you open
flash, in the list "Create a New File," it gives you the option to open a flash
file that has ActionScript 2.0. If I just created that type of file from the
very beginning, would that work in Flash Player 8?