From: heavytull on
Unruh wrote:

> heavytull <heavytull(a)hotmail.com> writes:
>
>>Unruh wrote:
>>>

>>> And do you notice that line
>>> Hint: Try setting the LogLevel to "debug" to find out more.
>>yes i did
>>> Why not follow that hint?
>>>
>>i did, i got a lot of info. I believed that it was useless
>
> And what did it say about the missing font file?

nothing
> Are you running xfs?
X font server?
i'm runing slack12 it is installed, i checked it.
> ps ax |grep xfs

i get nothing, so xfs is not running.
should it be?

in the man file they say it should be launched through the rc.local file, but my
rc.local file is empty.

--
heavytull
From: Unruh on
heavytull <heavytull(a)hotmail.com> writes:

>Unruh wrote:

>> heavytull <heavytull(a)hotmail.com> writes:

>>>yes i did
>>>>
>>>i did, i got a lot of info. I believed that it was useless
>>
>> And what did it say about the missing font file?
>>
>nothing
>> Are you running xfs?
>X font server?
>i'm runing slack12 it is installed, i checked it.
>> ps ax |grep xfs

>i get nothing, so xfs is not running.
>should it be?

No idea but that is what I would try first.
When something mentions fonts, that is the most obvious thing to do with
fonts.

>in the man file they say it should be launched through the rc.local file, but my
>rc.local file is empty.

Where did you look It is in /etc/rc.d
(usually)

But xfs is usually launched through a sysv boot script
/etc/rc5.d/S??xfs
Does that file exist?
Try doing
service xfs restart

From: heavytull on
Unruh wrote:

> heavytull <heavytull(a)hotmail.com> writes:
>
>>Unruh wrote:
>

>>i get nothing, so xfs is not running.
>>should it be?
>
> No idea but that is what I would try first.
> When something mentions fonts, that is the most obvious thing to do with
> fonts.

what would you try?

>>in the man file they say it should be launched through the rc.local file, but
>>my rc.local file is empty.
>
> Where did you look It is in /etc/rc.d
> (usually)

yes

> But xfs is usually launched through a sysv boot script
> /etc/rc5.d/S??xfs
in all directories like rc0.d, rc1.d... i only find a cupsd starting file
> Does that file exist?
then no

> Try doing
> service xfs restart
i think you're not running the same distro as I, because i don't have any
binary "service" this sounds like you're using something like suze, ubuntu or
fedora or even mandriva.

--
heavytull
First  |  Prev  |