From: balou on
Hi,

I search for a program to use for a cybercaf�. It's for cybercafes and
libraries. The things that must do is the following :

- The users must prepaid for internet and other use.
- you must can reserving the internet station
- the system must logout or block everything after the time is gone,
this must be automatic.
- It don't need to be free, I'm able to pay for these program.

In windows I use truecafe (I paid for) :
http://www.truecafe.net/
But I want to work with linux in the future and they don't have linux
programs.

I libraries the users don't need to pay for the internet but only has
1/2 hour use time. With tuecafe I can do that.

When the users can online book the use time it will bee verry good.

I use thin clients, it must be thin client compatible.

Thanks for the help !

Kind Regards
Balou
From: Nico Kadel-Garcia on
Google is your friend: http://www.cyber-cafe-software.com/eng/Linux/

If possible, I'd recommend not having a disk at all. Use a live CD or
DVD, and be prepared to update them every few months to get the latest
up-to-date Flash and MP3 players, and reboot the machines after every
user logs out. I assume you've also thought about physical security,
to lock the BIOS and keep people from plugging in flash drives and
booting from that.
From: balou on
Nico Kadel-Garcia schreef:
> Google is your friend: http://www.cyber-cafe-software.com/eng/Linux/
>
> If possible, I'd recommend not having a disk at all. Use a live CD or
> DVD, and be prepared to update them every few months to get the latest
> up-to-date Flash and MP3 players, and reboot the machines after every
> user logs out. I assume you've also thought about physical security,
> to lock the BIOS and keep people from plugging in flash drives and
> booting from that.

I also use a multiseatcomputer (one computer with 6 users : 6 screens, 6
keyboards and mices). These cybercafesoftware don't works with
multiseatcomputers. Did you know some program thats compatible with ?

From: Nico Kadel-Garcia on
On Feb 20, 4:41 am, balou <i...(a)balou.com> wrote:
> Nico Kadel-Garcia schreef:
>
> > Google is your friend:http://www.cyber-cafe-software.com/eng/Linux/
>
> > If possible, I'd recommend not having a disk at all. Use a live CD or
> > DVD, and be prepared to update them every few months to get the latest
> > up-to-date Flash and MP3 players, and reboot the machines after every
> > user logs out. I assume you've also thought about physical security,
> > to lock the BIOS and keep people from plugging in flash drives and
> > booting from that.
>
> I also use a multiseatcomputer (one computer with 6 users : 6 screens, 6
> keyboards and mices). These cybercafesoftware don't works with
> multiseatcomputers. Did you know some program thats compatible with ?

No, I'm afraid it's not something I've dug into. How does this
"multiseat computer" work? Multiple video cards and keyboards, or are
the other workstations "thin clients" of some sort?
From: balou on
Nico Kadel-Garcia schreef:
> On Feb 20, 4:41 am, balou <i...(a)balou.com> wrote:
>> Nico Kadel-Garcia schreef:
>>
>>> Google is your friend:http://www.cyber-cafe-software.com/eng/Linux/
>>> If possible, I'd recommend not having a disk at all. Use a live CD or
>>> DVD, and be prepared to update them every few months to get the latest
>>> up-to-date Flash and MP3 players, and reboot the machines after every
>>> user logs out. I assume you've also thought about physical security,
>>> to lock the BIOS and keep people from plugging in flash drives and
>>> booting from that.
>> I also use a multiseatcomputer (one computer with 6 users : 6 screens, 6
>> keyboards and mices). These cybercafesoftware don't works with
>> multiseatcomputers. Did you know some program thats compatible with ?
>
> No, I'm afraid it's not something I've dug into. How does this
> "multiseat computer" work? Multiple video cards and keyboards, or are
> the other workstations "thin clients" of some sort?

Well multiseatcomputer is one computer with 3 multiple videocards , 6
usb keyboards an 6 usb mice. You can work with al the seats like normal
computers.

It's not thin clients but normally when a program is compatible when
thin clients it also works with multiseatcomputers.