From: Mark D Powell on
On Jan 31, 9:03 am, Sven Hilmer <shil...(a)invalid.invalid> wrote:
> hi all
>
> After installing Oracle database 11.2 on Solaris 10 x86
> the dbstart script doesn't work because of the interpreter
> is set to /bin/sh but the script uses syntax of ksh/bash .
>
> dbstart:
> line  1:#!/bin/sh
> line 89:export ORACLE_HOME=$ORACLE_HOME_LISTNER
>
> This export statement is illegal for bourne shell
> so the script exits with an error message and doesn't the database processes
>
> How do you solve this problem?
>
> Sven
>
> --
> Sven-Olaf Hilmer, Solaris System Engineerhttp://www.hilmer-informatik.ch

Have you just tried changing shell to specify !/bin/ksh. We use the
korn shell for our Oracle setting and starting scripts.

HTH -- Mark D Powell --
From: Frank van Bortel on
Sven Hilmer wrote:
> hi all
>
> After installing Oracle database 11.2 on Solaris 10 x86
> the dbstart script doesn't work because of the interpreter
> is set to /bin/sh but the script uses syntax of ksh/bash .
>
> dbstart:
> line 1:#!/bin/sh
> line 89:export ORACLE_HOME=$ORACLE_HOME_LISTNER
>

> This export statement is illegal for bourne shell
> so the script exits with an error message and doesn't the database processes
>
> How do you solve this problem?
>
> Sven
>
> --
> Sven-Olaf Hilmer, Solaris System Engineer
> http://www.hilmer-informatik.ch
frank(a)cs-frank03:~$ bash
frank(a)cs-frank03:~$ echo $ORACLE_HOME_LISTNER

frank(a)cs-frank03:~$ echo $ORACLE_HOME

frank(a)cs-frank03:~$ export ORACLE_HOME_LISTNER=Blah
frank(a)cs-frank03:~$ echo $ORACLE_HOME_LISTNER
Blah
frank(a)cs-frank03:~$ export ORACLE_HOME=$ORACLE_HOME_LISTNER
frank(a)cs-frank03:~$ echo $ORACLE_HOME_LISTNER
Blah
frank(a)cs-frank03:~$ exit
exit
frank(a)cs-frank03:~$

Beware, LISTNER is usually written as LISTENER (note the extra E)
Also beware dbshut and dbstart usually are called during system
startup/shutdown, not meant for 'normal' operations

--

Regards, Frank van Bortel

Topposting in Usenet groups I regard as offensive - I will not reply
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Download oracle 9iR2
Next: Reload message