From: Sven Hilmer on
hi all

After installing Oracle database 11.2 on Solaris 10 x86
the dbstart script doesn't work because of the interpreter
is set to /bin/sh but the script uses syntax of ksh/bash .

dbstart:
line 1:#!/bin/sh
line 89:export ORACLE_HOME=$ORACLE_HOME_LISTNER

This export statement is illegal for bourne shell
so the script exits with an error message and doesn't the database processes

How do you solve this problem?

Sven

--
Sven-Olaf Hilmer, Solaris System Engineer
http://www.hilmer-informatik.ch
From: Michel Cadot on

"Sven Hilmer" <shilmer(a)invalid.invalid> a �crit dans le message de news: hk42j0$nek$1(a)news.albasani.net...
| hi all
|
| After installing Oracle database 11.2 on Solaris 10 x86
| the dbstart script doesn't work because of the interpreter
| is set to /bin/sh but the script uses syntax of ksh/bash .
|
| dbstart:
| line 1:#!/bin/sh
| line 89:export ORACLE_HOME=$ORACLE_HOME_LISTNER
|

| This export statement is illegal for bourne shell
| so the script exits with an error message and doesn't the database processes
|
| How do you solve this problem?
|
| Sven
|
| --
| Sven-Olaf Hilmer, Solaris System Engineer
| http://www.hilmer-informatik.ch

Change it to a syntax it accepts.
It has been long since I used sh but it is valid for Korn shell.

Regards
Michel

From: Radoulov, Dimitre on
On 31/01/2010 15.03, Sven Hilmer wrote:
[...]
> dbstart:
> line 1:#!/bin/sh
> line 89:export ORACLE_HOME=$ORACLE_HOME_LISTNER
>

> This export statement is illegal for bourne shell
> so the script exits with an error message and doesn't the database processes
[...]

ORACLE_HOME=$ORACLE_HOME_LISTNER; export ORACLE_HOME

Regards
Dimitre
From: John D Groenveld on
In article <hk42j0$nek$1(a)news.albasani.net>,
Sven Hilmer <shilmer(a)invalid.invalid> wrote:
>After installing Oracle database 11.2 on Solaris 10 x86
>the dbstart script doesn't work because of the interpreter
>is set to /bin/sh but the script uses syntax of ksh/bash .

Old bug.

My dbora init.d(4) script invokes dbstart like this:
su - $ORA_OWNER -c "ksh $ORA_HOME/bin/dbstart"

You can do something similar in smf(5) machinery.

John
groenveld(a)acm.org
From: Tim X on
"Michel Cadot" <micadot{at}altern{dot}org> writes:

> "Sven Hilmer" <shilmer(a)invalid.invalid> a écrit dans le message de news: hk42j0$nek$1(a)news.albasani.net...
> | hi all
> |
> | After installing Oracle database 11.2 on Solaris 10 x86
> | the dbstart script doesn't work because of the interpreter
> | is set to /bin/sh but the script uses syntax of ksh/bash .
> |
> | dbstart:
> | line 1:#!/bin/sh
> | line 89:export ORACLE_HOME=$ORACLE_HOME_LISTNER
> |

> | This export statement is illegal for bourne shell
> | so the script exits with an error message and doesn't the database processes
> |
> | How do you solve this problem?
> |
> | Sven
> |
> | --
> Change it to a syntax it accepts.
> It has been long since I used sh but it is valid for Korn shell.

It is also valid for bASH, but its been so long since I used vanilla sh,
I can't remember if its valid there also.

I'd just change the script to either use bash or change that

export ORACLE_HOME=$ORACLE_HOME_LISTNER

ORACLE_HOME=$ORACLE_HOME_LISTNER>
export ORACLE_HOME

Tim