From: bizzagirl on
Charles,

I enjoyed your explanation of dcr vs. swf files. I learned Director several
years ago, and found it very easy and logical to use (at least for the simple
website and DVD projects that I develop. On the other hand, I recently decided
to bite the bullet and begin learning Flash. The process has been very painful
for me. The logic of Director doesn't seem to jive with Flash.

The question I have is, "in your opinion how accepted is Shockwave as an
industry standard?" Maybe a better question is "do you think Microsoft will
ever make them browser native?"

Gene Glass
205-999-2064

From: mgberman2000 on
Eventually it will be browser native, and it's already pretty accepted.

On my website, http://www.bermo.web1000.com, I use mainly .swf but I have 1 or
2 .dcr. :D

That thing about exporting it as a file sequence - it won't work with anything
interactive unless you can redesign a bit of it in flash.

I'm also trying to learn flash - god, it's hard!

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Next: DCR Decompiler