From: GrJ Computers, Javi, essejc, on
I found the group policy edit that allows me to disable printer redirection
when RDPing to the a Terminal server. However, because out client has
corporate users outside of the main office they need to print locally when
connection to the terminal server via RDP. The bad thing is, we also have
users who are branch users and users who RDP from one terminal server to
another under special circumstance (special applications installed on one and
not other.) So what i want is to disable client printer redirection by
default and then we just ask the limited amount of users who need to print
locally how to enable it. In remote desktop, printer redirection is enable by
default. From what I've seen, its either disable it completely or allow
printer redirection to all users. I don't like the latter. What can we do?
Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
The TS is running windows server 2003 R2.
From: moncho on
On 3/25/2010 8:11 PM, GrJ Computers, Javi, essejc, wrote:

> I found the group policy edit that allows me to disable printer redirection
> when RDPing to the a Terminal server. However, because out client has
> corporate users outside of the main office they need to print locally when
> connection to the terminal server via RDP. The bad thing is, we also have
> users who are branch users and users who RDP from one terminal server to
> another under special circumstance (special applications installed on one and
> not other.) So what i want is to disable client printer redirection by
> default and then we just ask the limited amount of users who need to print
> locally how to enable it. In remote desktop, printer redirection is enable by
> default. From what I've seen, its either disable it completely or allow
> printer redirection to all users. I don't like the latter. What can we do?
> Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
> The TS is running windows server 2003 R2.

On the TS Server you allow printing redirection. Check the "Use
Connection Settings" box on the Client Settings tab in the RDP-Tcp settings.

Set the individual client settings on each user.

You can then pick and choose who will be allowed printer redirection.

moncho