From: paul0073 on

Does the opensuse iso file ever get updated; i.e. a newer 11.2 (or other
ver) ever get updated with/to a newer kernel, etc?

I'm starting over with a new harddisk that will get the 11.2 install
after the holidays.

From: Chris Cox on
paul0073 wrote:
> Does the opensuse iso file ever get updated; i.e. a newer 11.2 (or other
> ver) ever get updated with/to a newer kernel, etc?

No. This would be very unusual (it's certainly possible if a major
oops happened, but unlikely normally).

The "update" is when 11.3 comes out.
From: David Bolt on
On Wednesday 23 Dec 2009 17:22, while playing with a tin of spray paint,
paul0073 painted this mural:

> Does the opensuse iso file ever get updated; i.e. a newer 11.2 (or other
> ver) ever get updated with/to a newer kernel, etc?
>
> I'm starting over with a new harddisk that will get the 11.2 install
> after the holidays.

The only time I have known there to be a remastered version of any
openSUSE, SUSE, SuSE or S.u.S.E release was when SUSE 10.1 was released
with a seriously broken package management system. So, basically, it is
extremely unlikely that there will be a remastered version of 11.2
released since what was released works fine[0].

[0] Well, it does here, with KDE4.3.4 from the build service repos. It
even worked fine with the supplied KDE4.3.1, despite there being lots
of complaints about KDE4 in general[1].

[1] That should stir up at least a little bit of a "KDE4 is broken"
thread :-)

Regards,
David Bolt

--
Team Acorn: www.distributed.net OGR-NG @ ~100Mnodes RC5-72 @ ~1Mkeys/s
openSUSE 11.0 32b | | openSUSE 11.2 32b |
From: Chris Cox on
Oh... and let me add that KDE4 is broken...

(this useless one liner brought to you by Microsofties: We're
all PC's, we just don't know what to do with them.)
From: Pete Puma on
David Bolt wrote:

> [0] Well, it does here, with KDE4.3.4 from the build service repos. It
> even worked fine with the supplied KDE4.3.1, despite there being lots
> of complaints about KDE4 in general[1].

Did the bump myself from 4.3.1 originals to 4.3.4 (& repos).
I've had the same experience in both a laptop and my hot-rod desktop. Can't
get a bug for trying in this package.
One of the best in a long time and KDE is finally usable. Don't miss the
Ubuntu/Gnome combo I've used for the last year and a half.

An interesting read:
http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9142148/Review_3_top_Linux_distros_go_for_different_users

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4