From: Access infant on
Hi All,
I want to draw excel like grids on my access reports. The line should start
from the top of each label in the page footer to the bottom of the
corresponding text box in the page footer.(For each text box in the detail
section, there's one unbound text box in the page footer to display totals).
I don't know how to do this. can anyone please help me?
--
from
chanakya
From: Duane Hookom on
Can't you use rectangle or line controls in your various sections? These
should work unless your sections are set to Can Grow. If this is the case,
you may need to use the Line method in the report's On Print events to draw
the lines.

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

From: Access infant on
I have tried what you told but it looks quite awkward when there's different
groupheaders in between on a page. So, I will choose to use the code to draw
lines across different groups using line method if only i can get help from
you
--
from
chanakya

"
From: Duane Hookom on
Any help from you regarding my comments on Can Grow? I generally set the tag
property of controls that I want to add borders. I can then loop through the
controls in a section and use the line method to draw vertical or horizontal
lines using the Left, Top, Width, and Height of the appropriate controls as
starting and ending points of the lines.

--
Duane Hookom
MS Access MVP

From: Access infant on
Actually i have added some unbound controls in the different group footers
and the report and page footers also. so, in order to make sure that the line
would be straight, can i take the left of a control in the detail section
only and store it in a module level variable and use the same value in all
sections 'on print' event. so that the line could be straight ? If you don't
feel that i am expecting too much of you, could you please give me code for
one section which i can use with changes (if needed) for other sections
also.Or at least direct me to a link where i can get some sample code.
--
from
chanakya