From: SamMexico via AccessMonster.com on
Hi All, I've been searching for about an hour to resolve a little problem
with my reports and need some help...

My report has a forename field and surname field that come directly from the
table, the problem is that there is a gap between the two fields and not all
of the data is showing up in the report.

Is it possible to combine the two fields so that the full name displays
smoothly? The surname is in upper case but if this changes it doesn't really
matter...

Please help!

Sam

From: Daryl S on
Sam -

On your report use a field with values like this:

=[forename] & " " & [surname]

(but use your field names)

--
Daryl S

From: SamMexico via AccessMonster.com on
So I could delete the surname field in the report and add that code to the
forename field? Do the values you mention go in the properties of the surname
field in that case?

Thanks for responding - that's twice you've helped me out!

Sam

From: John Spencer on
ONLY if you rename the control. IF the control has the same name as a field,
you will get an error message.

John Spencer
Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010
The Hilltop Institute
University of Maryland Baltimore County

From: SamMexico via AccessMonster.com on
Thanks John, I presume I'll find the control in the field properties...?