From: John Spencer on
Reports have controls.
Controls have Control Source properties. A control source can be a reference
to a field or it can be an expression. Control's have a name property.

In a control, you can use the following as the source
=[FirstNameField] * " " & [LastNameField]

If the control's name property is FirstNameField, then Access will generate an
error as it won't "know" if you are attempting to refer to the field
FirstNameField in the table or to the control with the same name.

John Spencer
Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010
The Hilltop Institute
University of Maryland Baltimore County

From: SamMexico via AccessMonster.com on
Daryl and John, thanks for your help - it works perfectly now!

Sam