From: STEPHEN on
cant play any DVD-Video's. all, it says "DVD-video as expired" any
suggestion in what can i do to play them

TIA

ste

From: JD on
On 01/03/2010 10:34 PM, STEPHEN wrote:
> cant play any DVD-Video's. all, it says "DVD-video as expired" any
> suggestion in what can i do to play them
>
> TIA
>
> ste

What OS/version of windows are you using?
what software are you using to play the dvd's ?

JD
From: Paul on
STEPHEN wrote:
> cant play any DVD-Video's. all, it says "DVD-video as expired" any
> suggestion in what can i do to play them
>
> TIA
>
> ste

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD-VIDEO

"require a DVD drive and a MPEG-2 decoder"

MPEG2 decoding might not be provided with the OS. Microsoft says
you need a CODEC that can decode MPEG2 in order to watch DVDs.
You may have installed a separate piece of software, and that
software is reporting "DVD-video as expired".

However, you could look around for an application that claims
to support MPEG2, and do it that way.

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Paul
From: JD on
On 02/03/2010 2:34 AM, Paul wrote:
> STEPHEN wrote:
>> cant play any DVD-Video's. all, it says "DVD-video as expired" any
>> suggestion in what can i do to play them
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> ste
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD-VIDEO
>
> "require a DVD drive and a MPEG-2 decoder"
>
> MPEG2 decoding might not be provided with the OS. Microsoft says
> you need a CODEC that can decode MPEG2 in order to watch DVDs.
> You may have installed a separate piece of software, and that
> software is reporting "DVD-video as expired".
>
> However, you could look around for an application that claims
> to support MPEG2, and do it that way.
>
> http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
>
> Paul

if your looking for a free DVD/Movie file player then CCCP (Combined
Community Codec Pack) is excellent, it comes with zoom player and MPC
(media player classic) so far I haven't found a format it cannot play,
it can even play DVD ISO's without unpacking them.

www.cccp-project.net

JD

From: STEPHEN on
I have got windows XP and and microsoft media