From: Dennis on
I can't send any email since 12/28. Receiving fine. Server email is working
fine. I've uninstalled Norton as per their instructions. I did a system
restore to a week before the problem started. My last update for Outlook 2003
was on 11/12, much before problem started. For the last several days I've
tried much of what has been discussed on forums, but nothing is working.
Windows XP Home Edition.
BTW, I noticed that I have some Office 2007 updates installed starting
earlier in the year, but I don't have Office 2007 installed under the heading
"Compatibility Pack for the 2007 Office system". Don't know why they're
there. Should I remove them?
Thanks
From: Peter Foldes on
12\28 ?? Which year. It reads like Dec 28 which is not upon us yet. Was it last year
?

Update was on 11\12 ??? Come on guy get things into perspective

Post back with correct info and not mumbo jumbo as you just did

--
Peter

From: VanguardLH on
Dennis wrote:

> I can't send any email ...

How do you know that you can't send e-mail?

--- Posting Hints ---

ALWAYS REVIEW your message before submitting it. You want someone OTHER
than yourself to understand your post. Also remember that no one here is
looking over your shoulder to see at what you are pointing. If you don't
well explain your situation by providing the details that you already know,
don't expect others to know what is your situation. Explain YOUR computing
environment and just what actions you take to reproduce the problem.

Often you get just one chance per potential respondent to elicit a reply
from them. If they skip your post because you gave them nothing to go on
(no details, no versions, no OS, no context) then they will usually move on
to the next post and never return to yours.

What is Usenet:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newsgroups
http://www.masonicinfo.com/newsgroups.htm
http://www.mcfedries.com/Ramblings/usenet-primer.asp

When using a webnews-for-dummies interface, like Microsoft's Communities or
Google Groups or a forum-to-Usenet proxy, those are gateways to Usenet.
Despite the appearance of a forum, you are still participating in a
newsgroup (Usenet).

How to post to newsgroups:
http://66.39.69.143/goodpost.htm
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
http://www.mugsy.org/asa_faq/getting_along/usenet.shtml

Regarding error or status messages:
- Do NOT omit the message.
- Do NOT describe the message.
- Do NOT summarize the message.
- Do NOT paraphrase the message.
- Do NOT truncate the message.
- Do show the ENTIRE message (but munge or star out personal info,
like your username in an e-mail address but not the domain).
- Provide sufficient context on when the error occurs or how to
reproduce it.
From: Dennis on
Sorry for the typo, meant 11/28/2009, last Saturday since Outlook stopped
sending. Last Outlook update date 11/12/2009.
Dennis

From: Dennis on
I found about a dozen emails, some written on Saturday, in my Outbox on
Sunday 11/29/2009. I've since kept them in the Draft folder. To be more
specific, that's where they went when I closed Outlook. I have tried sending
just a few of them every time I make a change, but they're still there.
I also checked by sending an email to another address of mine; it didn't
arrive. And again, I'm receiving emails just fine.
thanks