From: Maureen on
eddy long wrote:
> "Maureen" <maureen(a)suppressed.email> wrote in message:
>

>>This is an old system and you may have to consider upgrading.
>>There's more problems going on here than meets the eye.
>>
>>I still think a new PC is in order [snipped]
>

>>Maureen Aquino
>>C-Tech Volunteer

> Called Dell.
>
> Set the min to 10 and max to 1000 - works fine now.
>
> I like Win98. Both computers are five years old and work fine. No need to
> purchase more tech.
>
> Thank you Maureen.
> Eddy

I loved my Win 98 machine as well.. passed on to my oldest son to enjoy :)

I'm very comfortable with Win XP now and needed a more robust
system for my work but it was indeed hard to let go of Win 98.

--

Maureen Aquino
C-Tech Volunteer
From: Uni on
eddy long wrote:

> "Maureen" <maureen(a)suppressed.email> wrote in message:
>

>>This is an old system and you may have to consider upgrading.
>>There's more problems going on here than meets the eye.
>>
>>I still think a new PC is in order [snipped]
>

>>Maureen Aquino
>>C-Tech Volunteer

> Called Dell.
>
> Set the min to 10 and max to 1000 - works fine now.
>
> I like Win98. Both computers are five years old and work fine. No need to
> purchase more tech.

So true, Eddy. Unfortunately, these C-Tech people don't have a decent
techical background.

Uni

From: Carl Frisk on
Since you are using such an old machine you may benefit from this:
http://aumha.org/win4/a/memmgmt.php

Your time is your money, I don't have the patience to wait for anything to render on Win 98. But as long as you are not
expecting employees to get something done in a timely manner Win 98 is fine.
--
....Carl Frisk
Anger is a brief madness.