From: secheese on
I recently purchased (and applied all available patches) PSP 9. I am
now at version 9.01. My problem is, after I edit some JPEG files, and
then attempt a save, I get "An error has occurred while trying to
write to the file". I thought this problem was fixed back in version
8. Anyway, this is causing me serious grief.

OS is Windows XP Pro, 512MB RAM, craploads of HD space.

Can anyone suggest a fix?

From: Fred Hiltz on
secheese wrote:
> I recently purchased (and applied all available patches) PSP 9.
> I am now at version 9.01. My problem is, after I edit some JPEG
> files, and then attempt a save, I get "An error has occurred
> while trying to write to the file". I thought this problem was
> fixed back in version
> 8. Anyway, this is causing me serious grief.
>
> OS is Windows XP Pro, 512MB RAM, craploads of HD space.
>
> Can anyone suggest a fix?

I have seen it occasionally with pspimage files. A second try has
always succeeded. PSP 9.01.1, Win XP. Have you tried a second
attempt to save?
--
Fred Hiltz, fhiltz at yahoo dot com

From: secheese on
On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 19:42:46 -0500, "Fred Hiltz" <not(a)home.ca> wrote:

>secheese wrote:
>> I recently purchased (and applied all available patches) PSP 9.
>> I am now at version 9.01. My problem is, after I edit some JPEG
>> files, and then attempt a save, I get "An error has occurred
>> while trying to write to the file". I thought this problem was
>> fixed back in version
>> 8. Anyway, this is causing me serious grief.
>>
>> OS is Windows XP Pro, 512MB RAM, craploads of HD space.
>>
>> Can anyone suggest a fix?
>
>I have seen it occasionally with pspimage files. A second try has
>always succeeded. PSP 9.01.1, Win XP. Have you tried a second
>attempt to save?

I have tried a second attempt to no avail. Interestingly, if I change
the JPEG compression by just one point, then the pic will save just
fine. Weird! I've also emailed PSP support, but not gonna hold my
breath.

From: GTO on
The same here. The second attempt to save the JPEG file succeeds if the
first one failed. I hope JASC....Corel will sooner or later fix this one.
It's around since 9.0. I am using 9.0.1.1 on XP SP2.

Gregor

From: Uni on
"GTO" <gregor_o(a)NOSPAMyahoo.com> gregor_o(a)NOSPAMyahoo.com 28 Feb 2005 wrote
in news:z4yUd.9987$Pz7.504(a)newssvr13.news.prodigy.com:

> The same here. The second attempt to save the JPEG file succeeds if the
> first one failed. I hope JASC....Corel will sooner or later fix this one.
> It's around since 9.0. I am using 9.0.1.1 on XP SP2.

Jeepers, leave it to Jasc/Corel to sell crippleware.

:-)

Seems PC Magazine didn't catch this during their review, but then again, they
probably never opened the box!

:-)

Uni

> Gregor
>
> "Fred Hiltz" <not(a)home.ca> wrote in message
>> secheese wrote:
>>> I recently purchased (and applied all available patches) PSP 9.
>>> I am now at version 9.01. My problem is, after I edit some JPEG
>>> files, and then attempt a save, I get "An error has occurred
>>> while trying to write to the file". I thought this problem was
>>> fixed back in version
>>> 8. Anyway, this is causing me serious grief.
>>>
>>> OS is Windows XP Pro, 512MB RAM, craploads of HD space.
>>>
>>> Can anyone suggest a fix?
>>
>> I have seen it occasionally with pspimage files. A second try has
>> always succeeded. PSP 9.01.1, Win XP. Have you tried a second
>> attempt to save?
>> --
>> Fred Hiltz, fhiltz at yahoo dot com
>>

 |  Next  |  Last