From: Uni on
Ron Lacey <ron(a)ronstoons.com> ron(a)ronstoons.com 01 Mar 2005 wrote in

> On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 03:33:01 GMT, secheese <sec(a)nbnet.nb.ca> wrote:
>
>>I have 9.0.1.1
>
> But your original email to tech support didn't indicate that.
>
>>I recently purchased (and applied all available patches) PSP 9. I am
>>now at version 9.01 of PSP. My problem is, after I edit some JPEG
>>files, and then attempt a save, I get "An error has occurred while
>>trying to write to the file".
>
>>No wonder people pirate!
>
> I suppose if your disatisfied with your bank it's okay to rob it.

I enjoyed YOUR PSP-8 Zero To Hero book, Ron. Great tips from usenet!!!

Uni
From: Fred Hiltz on
secheese wrote:
> On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 09:27:35 -0500, Ron Lacey <ron(a)ronstoons.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 03:33:01 GMT, secheese <sec(a)nbnet.nb.ca>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I have 9.0.1.1
>>
>> But your original email to tech support didn't indicate that.
>
> First, I got the version the way they display it... Help -> About.
> Second, what part of "applied all available patches" do you think
> they didn't understand?

It is too bad the developers did not make the patch level obvious.
It has caused many grief-filled posts here and on the Corel forums.
I have lost count of replies that tell people where to look.

That said, I cannot blame tech support folks for being skeptical
about "all available patches" because so many people have not been
able to get easily to 9.0.1.1 and had no way to know they needed it.
Help > Check for Updates did not work for anyone for several days
after a Windows Update "fix," and it still does not work for a few,
for reasons unknown (to me).
--
Fred Hiltz, fhiltz at yahoo dot com
C-Tech volunteer