From: secheese on
On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 10:59:09 -0000, "Trev"
<trevbowdenATdsl.pipexDOTnet> wrote:

>If you sent it to Jasc support you will get no reply the correct place now
>is at

Thanks, but I sent it to the right place. In fact, I got a reply;
which stated that I should download and install the latest upgrades.
Geez... did they even read my original request?

My original request to Corel:

I recently purchased (and applied all available patches) PSP 9. I am
now at version 9.01 of PSP. My problem is, after I edit some JPEG
files, and then attempt a save, I get "An error has occurred while
trying to write to the file".

No wonder people pirate!

From: All Things Mopar on
secheese commented courteously ...

[snip]
> Thanks, but I sent it to the right place. In fact,
> I got a reply; which stated that I should download
> and install the latest upgrades. Geez... did they
> even read my original request?
[snip]

Don't really know if they read it or not, but I've found
it much more fruitful to call by phone. If nothing else,
you get relatively instant response and they can talk you
through a fix "real time".

--
ATM, aka Jerry
From: Kris Zaklika on
secheese wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 10:59:09 -0000, "Trev"
> <trevbowdenATdsl.pipexDOTnet> wrote:
>
> >If you sent it to Jasc support you will get no reply the correct place now
> >is at
>
> Thanks, but I sent it to the right place. In fact, I got a reply;
> which stated that I should download and install the latest upgrades.
> Geez... did they even read my original request?
>
> My original request to Corel:
>
> I recently purchased (and applied all available patches) PSP 9. I am
> now at version 9.01 of PSP. My problem is, after I edit some JPEG
> files, and then attempt a save, I get "An error has occurred while
> trying to write to the file".

Actually, there are two variants of 9.01 - plain 9.01 and
9.01.1. Updating will make sure you have the latest and
greatest. The only way you will know you have 9.01.1 is
by checking some DLL version numbers, not the version
reported by the program.

From: Fred Hiltz on
secheese wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 10:59:09 -0000, "Trev"
> <trevbowdenATdsl.pipexDOTnet> wrote:
>
>> If you sent it to Jasc support you will get no reply the correct
>> place now is at
>
> Thanks, but I sent it to the right place. In fact, I got a reply;
> which stated that I should download and install the latest
> upgrades. Geez... did they even read my original request?
>
> My original request to Corel:
>
> I recently purchased (and applied all available patches) PSP 9.
> I am now at version 9.01 of PSP. My problem is, after I edit
> some JPEG files, and then attempt a save, I get "An error has
> occurred while trying to write to the file".
>
> No wonder people pirate!

Tech support's suggestion sounds absolutely correct, since your
original request stated version 9.01. If you will update to 9.0.1.1,
your system will be at a known starting point for debugging. Even
though few, if any, others see the problem, there may indeed be a
defect in the product. To correct it, tech support needs a test
image and a set of steps by which they can reproduce it. If you can
supply those, they can fix it.
--
Fred Hiltz, fhiltz at yahoo dot com

From: Fred Hiltz on
Fred Hiltz wrote:
> Tech support's suggestion sounds absolutely correct, since your
> original request stated version 9.01. If you will update to
> 9.0.1.1, your system will be at a known starting point for
> debugging. Even though few, if any, others see the problem, there
> may indeed be a defect in the product. To correct it, tech
> support needs a test image and a set of steps by which they can
> reproduce it. If you can supply those, they can fix it.

I should have added: check Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs.
You should see "Jasc Paint Shop Pro 9.01 - (9.0.1.1)" there.
--
Fred Hiltz, fhiltz at yahoo dot com

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4