From: Uni on
secheese wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 10:59:09 -0000, "Trev"
> <trevbowdenATdsl.pipexDOTnet> wrote:
>

>>If you sent it to Jasc support you will get no reply the correct place now
>>is at
>

> Thanks, but I sent it to the right place. In fact, I got a reply;
> which stated that I should download and install the latest upgrades.
> Geez... did they even read my original request?
>
> My original request to Corel:
>
> I recently purchased (and applied all available patches) PSP 9. I am
> now at version 9.01 of PSP. My problem is, after I edit some JPEG
> files, and then attempt a save, I get "An error has occurred while
> trying to write to the file".
>
> No wonder people pirate!

:-)

Uni

From: secheese on
On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 21:33:30 -0500, "Fred Hiltz" <not(a)home.ca> wrote:

>Fred Hiltz wrote:
>> Tech support's suggestion sounds absolutely correct, since your
>> original request stated version 9.01. If you will update to
>> 9.0.1.1, your system will be at a known starting point for
>> debugging. Even though few, if any, others see the problem, there
>> may indeed be a defect in the product. To correct it, tech
>> support needs a test image and a set of steps by which they can
>> reproduce it. If you can supply those, they can fix it.
>
>I should have added: check Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs.
>You should see "Jasc Paint Shop Pro 9.01 - (9.0.1.1)" there.

And I do.

From: secheese on
On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 20:27:02 -0600, Kris Zaklika
<Kris.Zaklika(a)corel.com> wrote:

>secheese wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 10:59:09 -0000, "Trev"
>> <trevbowdenATdsl.pipexDOTnet> wrote:
>>
>> >If you sent it to Jasc support you will get no reply the correct place now
>> >is at
>>
>> Thanks, but I sent it to the right place. In fact, I got a reply;
>> which stated that I should download and install the latest upgrades.
>> Geez... did they even read my original request?
>>
>> My original request to Corel:
>>
>> I recently purchased (and applied all available patches) PSP 9. I am
>> now at version 9.01 of PSP. My problem is, after I edit some JPEG
>> files, and then attempt a save, I get "An error has occurred while
>> trying to write to the file".
>
>Actually, there are two variants of 9.01 - plain 9.01 and
>9.01.1. Updating will make sure you have the latest and
>greatest. The only way you will know you have 9.01.1 is
>by checking some DLL version numbers, not the version
>reported by the program.

I have 9.0.1.1

From: Fred Hiltz on
secheese wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 21:33:30 -0500, "Fred Hiltz" <not(a)home.ca>
> wrote:
>
>> Fred Hiltz wrote:
[snip]
>> I should have added: check Control Panel > Add or Remove
>> Programs. You should see "Jasc Paint Shop Pro 9.01 - (9.0.1.1)"
>> there.
>
> And I do.

Good. In your shoes, I would make another call to tech support with
that information, a test image that triggers the problem, and an
explicit sequence of steps to reproduce it. You mentioned earlier
that changing the compression a small amount changes the behavior.
That suggests a dependence on file size , which may be why the
defect happens rarely.

If you would like to post that image and the steps somewhere, or
email it to me, I would be glad to try it here. Tech support pays
more attention when a problem affects more than one customer.
--
Fred Hiltz, fhiltz at yahoo dot com

From: secheese on
On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 09:27:35 -0500, Ron Lacey <ron(a)ronstoons.com>
wrote:

>On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 03:33:01 GMT, secheese <sec(a)nbnet.nb.ca> wrote:
>
>>I have 9.0.1.1
>
>But your original email to tech support didn't indicate that.

First, I got the version the way they display it... Help -> About.
Second, what part of "applied all available patches" do you think they
didn't understand?

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Next: =enabling virtual memory=