From: neutrino on
Hi,
odd problem... I'v opened and amended a picture, saved it... and
intended opening it with another graphics program - but it came up
with "Error loading file" JPEG error #59.

I can still open the image with psp.

if I open the folder containing it, and view in thumbnnail view - I
do not get a thumnail of it - just the usual icon, I'v got 4 images in
there and 3 of them show like this - one shows up fine, the other 3
just icons.

I seem to recall having this a while back - and then intended using
the image on a web page.. and couldnt understand why it inserted ok,
but would not be there when viewed in Explorer or preview mode - this
is happening again with these images.

Can't quite understand what why or how to correct - specially if I
want to use it in this other program!??
or place on a web site.
Any thoughts? many thanks.

From: Trev on

"neutrino" <stuartr(a)bluebottle.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> odd problem... I'v opened and amended a picture, saved it... and
> intended opening it with another graphics program - but it came up
> with "Error loading file" JPEG error #59.
>
> I can still open the image with psp.
>
> if I open the folder containing it, and view in thumbnnail view - I
> do not get a thumnail of it - just the usual icon, I'v got 4 images in
> there and 3 of them show like this - one shows up fine, the other 3
> just icons.
>
> I seem to recall having this a while back - and then intended using
> the image on a web page.. and couldnt understand why it inserted ok,
> but would not be there when viewed in Explorer or preview mode - this
> is happening again with these images.
>
> Can't quite understand what why or how to correct - specially if I
> want to use it in this other program!??
> or place on a web site.
> Any thoughts? many thanks.

Did you save as lossless Jpeg by chance. Thats a different format to Jpeg
and not widely supported ands certainly not in explorer. Open in psp and use
the Jpeg optimiser to save it

From: Tim on
neutrino wrote:
> Hi,
> odd problem... I'v opened and amended a picture, saved it... and
> intended opening it with another graphics program - but it came up
> with "Error loading file" JPEG error #59.
>
> I can still open the image with psp.
>
> if I open the folder containing it, and view in thumbnnail view - I
> do not get a thumnail of it - just the usual icon, I'v got 4 images in
> there and 3 of them show like this - one shows up fine, the other 3
> just icons.
>
> I seem to recall having this a while back - and then intended using
> the image on a web page.. and couldnt understand why it inserted ok,
> but would not be there when viewed in Explorer or preview mode - this
> is happening again with these images.
>
> Can't quite understand what why or how to correct - specially if I
> want to use it in this other program!??
> or place on a web site.
> Any thoughts? many thanks.

As well as the lossless JPG problem that Trev has outlined, it could be
that you've chosen a type of chroma sub-sampling that the other
application doesn't understand. PSP supports a wide range of options but
many other applications only work with PSP's default of 1x1 1x1 1x1 or
the extremely common 2x2 1x1 1x1.

--
Tim

From: Tim on
neutrino wrote:
> Hi,
> odd problem... I'v opened and amended a picture, saved it... and
> intended opening it with another graphics program - but it came up
> with "Error loading file" JPEG error #59.
>
> I can still open the image with psp.
>
> if I open the folder containing it, and view in thumbnnail view - I
> do not get a thumnail of it - just the usual icon, I'v got 4 images in
> there and 3 of them show like this - one shows up fine, the other 3
> just icons.
>
> I seem to recall having this a while back - and then intended using
> the image on a web page.. and couldnt understand why it inserted ok,
> but would not be there when viewed in Explorer or preview mode - this
> is happening again with these images.
>
> Can't quite understand what why or how to correct - specially if I
> want to use it in this other program!??
> or place on a web site.
> Any thoughts? many thanks.

ACDSee added support for PSP files at the time of PSP 6 and haven't updated
that support since.

--
Tim

From: Uni on
Tim wrote:
> neutrino wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>odd problem... I'v opened and amended a picture, saved it... and
>>intended opening it with another graphics program - but it came up
>>with "Error loading file" JPEG error #59.
>>
>>I can still open the image with psp.
>>
>>if I open the folder containing it, and view in thumbnnail view - I
>>do not get a thumnail of it - just the usual icon, I'v got 4 images in
>>there and 3 of them show like this - one shows up fine, the other 3
>>just icons.
>>
>>I seem to recall having this a while back - and then intended using
>>the image on a web page.. and couldnt understand why it inserted ok,
>>but would not be there when viewed in Explorer or preview mode - this
>>is happening again with these images.
>>
>>Can't quite understand what why or how to correct - specially if I
>>want to use it in this other program!??
>>or place on a web site.
>>Any thoughts? many thanks.
>

> As well as the lossless JPG problem that Trev has outlined, it could be
> that you've chosen a type of chroma sub-sampling that the other
> application doesn't understand.

PSP has always deviated from standards.

:-)

Uni

PSP supports a wide range of options but
> many other applications only work with PSP's default of 1x1 1x1 1x1 or
> the extremely common 2x2 1x1 1x1.

Pages: 1
Prev: Updates for PSP900?
Next: Paint Shop Pro 7.04 ?