From: pshaw on
recently for some reason i get a message that begins "eudora was
unable to update the system registry" when i start it. i have using
windows 7 right clicked properties and gone to advanced and have
clicked the box saying "run as administrator" but this has not helped.

any ideas how to get rid of this message? tia....

steve
From: Alan Edwards on
I had that message a long time ago in Vista and fixed it.
Not sure but I may have used this?

How to Set Eudora as the Default Mail Program on Vista
Document ID: 2756HQ
http://eudora.com/techsupport/kb/2756hq.html

....Alan

From: pshaw on
i'm running windows 7 and having read another note on the net i
*turned off* , de-checked the box that said 'warn me if eudora is not
the default mailer' and so far that seems to have worked :-) ...

steve

From: Han on
pshaw(a)emmet.com wrote in news:g7i316h19iduucttpkrmhkrtdm7g3pa6aq(a)4ax.com:

> i'm running windows 7 and having read another note on the net i
> *turned off* , de-checked the box that said 'warn me if eudora is not
> the default mailer' and so far that seems to have worked :-) ...
>
> steve
>
> On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 19:54:29 GMT, Alan Edwards
> <edwards(a)southcom.com.au> wrote:
>
>>I had that message a long time ago in Vista and fixed it.
>>Not sure but I may have used this?
>>
>>How to Set Eudora as the Default Mail Program on Vista
>>Document ID: 2756HQ
>>http://eudora.com/techsupport/kb/2756hq.html
>>
>>...Alan
>>
>>On Wed, 09 Jun 2010 23:03:46 -0700, in comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows,
>>pshaw(a)emmet.com wrote:
>>
>>>recently for some reason i get a message that begins "eudora was
>>>unable to update the system registry" when i start it. i have using
>>>windows 7 right clicked properties and gone to advanced and have
>>>clicked the box saying "run as administrator" but this has not helped.
>>>
>>>any ideas how to get rid of this message? tia....
>>>
>>>steve

I had a crash. I copied the Eudora folder from a bac kup. Eudora would
indeed start without installing, but then gave the message the OP
mentioned. Installing Eudora 7.1.0.9 over this copied set of files and
folders got rid of the OP's message.

--
Best regards
Han
From: pshaw on
i can try re-installing it ... thanks ...

steve