From: Mike on
Help
I am running SBS 2003 Premium on a new server with 2 3.0gb processors & 2gb
of mem
The server is our DC and we have another same spec server with server 2003
STD being used as a terminal server all the network is
using Mcafee products to protect the server's & the pc's

keep getting event id 7011 Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for a
transaction response from the NtFrs Service

Server freezes for a short time.
Network performance is very slow all of the time
I have disabled the antivirus but no change
I have disabled the digital signing as recommended by small biz net
but it still no better

Any help would be appreciated

Mike(a)999hecas.co.uk
remove 999 to email me

From: Steven Zhu [MSFT] on
Hi Mike,

Thanks for posting here.

From your post, I understand that you receive the error message with error
id 7011 from the

NtFrs Service in Event Log. If I am off base, please feel free to let me
know.

Based on the information I have now, I am afraid that I don't have a clear
idea about the

issue. So please send the entire event log with event id 7011 reported by
the NtFrs service

to my work address: v-stezhu(a)microsoft.com for further investigation.

In the meantime, I suggest you try the following steps to troubleshoot this
issue:

1. Change the autodisconnect value for the LAN setting under the registry
key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters
Set the Autodisconnect value to 0xfffff.
How Autodisconnect Works in Windows NT and Windows 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=138365

2. Change the value data for the ServicesPipeTimeout DWORD value to 60000
or more in the

Control key.

3. If there are not additional DCs in your SBS Domain, we can simply stop
the File

Replication Service to stop the error.

I hope the above information helps.

Have a nice day.

Best Regards,

Steven Zhu
MCSE
Microsoft Online Partner Support
PLEASE NOTE the newsgroup SECURE CODE and PASSWORD will be updated at 9:00
AM PST, February 14, 2006. Please complete a re-registration process by
entering the secure code mmpng2006 when prompted. Once you have entered the
secure code mmpng2006, you will be able to update your profile and access
the partner newsgroups.
that others may learn and benefit from this issue.