From: Jose on
On Mar 2, 7:23 am, "JB" <o...(a)closed.com> wrote:
> Thank you, so much, Jose
>
> Here are the logs of the usual  error when I go into Safe Mode

That is perfect.

I am not finished looking yet but it looks familiar (I don't see any
of that on my home grown system).

How are you getting into Safe Mode?

Are you invoking Safe Mode to troubleshoot a particular issue and what
is the issue?

While you are waiting, please do this too:

Download, install, update and do a full scan with these free malware
detection programs:

Malwarebytes (MBAM): http://malwarebytes.org/
SUPERAntiSpyware: (SAS): http://www.superantispyware.com/

They can be uninstalled later if desired.

From: Jose on
On Mar 2, 7:23 am, "JB" <o...(a)closed.com> wrote:
> Thank you, so much, Jose
>
> Here are the logs of the usual  error when I go into Safe Mode

Oh yeah - what do you have installed now for antivirus, malware
detection, etc. Norton, McAfee, Spybot, ZoneAlarm, AVG, Microsoft
stuff, etc.

From: JB on
Hi Jose

I use Avast (free) anti-virus, Comodo (free) Firewall an updated Hosts file
and up-to-date SpywareBlaster.

I scan regularly, including MalwareBytes.

Sometimes I prefer to scan in SafeMode if I feel there might be something
lurking. Whenever I do I get the errors that you saw in EventViewer.

Thanks, again

JB

From: JB on
Forgot to add that I go into SafeMode by pressing F8 during reboot.

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
It probably means you've got a hijackware infection on your hands.

What third-party firewall (if any)?

it)?

Is Automatic Updates enabled & is the computer fully-patched at Windows
Update?

Is Task Manager and/or Regedit functional?

JB wrote:
> Well, I do. What does that mean?
>
> I assumed that it was normal as, indeed, in safe mode many drivers are not
> loaded. What 7026 says, apparently, is that those drivers are missing.
>
>> No.
>>
>> You're welcome.
>>
>> JB wrote:
>>> Are you supposed to get this error WHENEVER you start in safe mode?
>>>
>>> Thank you

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Prev: Screen does not look right