From: Ed Crowley [MVP] on
Did you even read my response? Do you expect to get mail at
someone(a)www.regoporras.com?
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

From: Ed Crowley [MVP] on
Is the hostname of your Exchange server mx.regoporras.com? When I try to
connect to that server, which is the mail host designated by your MX record,
I get the following banner (which doesn't look like an Exchange server):

220 impinc01.yourhostingaccount.com NO UCE ESMTP server ready

This looks like your ISP's SMTP server, perhaps.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

From: Raul on
Ed, yes. I expect to receive/send email for users created in exchange
thanks,

From: Rich Matheisen [MVP] on
On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 10:31:46 -0500, "Raul" <jjkgr(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

>I think I am in trouble with my typo and maybe my vision. the correct is
>www.regoporras.com hosted by powweb

The MX record directs MTAs to the name mx.regoporras.com and the IP
addresses 65.254.254.50, 65.254.254.51, and 65.254.254.52.

http://www.mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=mx%3aregoporras.com

Clicking on the "smtp diag" link:

HELO please-read-policy.mxtoolbox.com
250 authsmtp06.yourhostingaccount.com Hello
please-read-policy.mxtoolbox.com [64.20.227.133] [328 ms]
MAIL FROM: <supertool(a)mxtoolbox.com>
550 authsmtp06: Host 64.20.227.133: No unauthenticated relaying
permitted

and

http://www.mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=smtp:65.254.254.52

gives this:

HELO please-read-policy.mxtoolbox.com
250 impinc03.yourhostingaccount.com hello [64.20.227.133], pleased to
meet you [47 ms]
MAIL FROM: <supertool(a)mxtoolbox.com>
250 2.1.0 <supertool(a)mxtoolbox.com> sender ok [187 ms]
RCPT TO: <test(a)example.com>
250 2.1.5 <test(a)example.com> recipient ok [62 ms]
QUIT
221 2.0.0 impinc03.yourhostingaccount.com NO UCE closing connection
[47 ms]

.. . . which is kinda scary since it appears to be an open smtp relay!

Since this apparenly isn't YOUR server, you'll have to deal with the
folks that let you use their machine as a SMTP relay if you aren't
getting any email.

>I created the domain in order to setup exchange on a windows 2008 machine
>with a private IP.

You need a public IP to receive email -- unless you have a VPN
connection between your machine and the network in which the SMTP
relay operates.

>I been told that a relay dns from dyndns will do fine for the MX.

It will, but you need a public IP address. If your ISP blocks the use
of port 25 you'll also have to configure your Receive Connector to
listen on whatever port the relay server is using to send you email.

The current MX, though, doesn't _appear_ to be DynDns. Are you having
your mail delivered to a mailbox at some ISP (PowWeb)?

>My
>problem is trying to understand it all and than implementing.

Understanding SMTP and the MX/A record relationship isn't difficult.
Starting out with having to deal with a 3rd-party is what makes things
seem a lot harder than the really are.
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
From: Rich Matheisen [MVP] on
On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 13:07:45 -0500, "Raul" <jjkgr(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

>Ed, yes. I expect to receive/send email for users created in exchange

The name www.regoporras.com would typically be assigned to a web
server in the domain regoporras.com. It's, um, unusual to use
something like that as a domain name.

Normally the MX would use only regoporras.com as its name. If you have
sub-domains they typically wouldn't use a name commonly used for a
specific function (mail, ftp, www, etc.). It's not "illegal" to name
the sub-domains in that way, it's just that it's a bit odd.
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP