From: Raul on
can anyone help me with the configuration for exchange 2007?

In 2003 all you needed was an MX record entry on your website for the SMTP.
This was changed to transport in 2007 that I cant figure out.

Please help with the MX configuration in 2007.

Thanks in advance
Raul Rego
NJPIES

From: Mark Arnold [MVP] on
On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 08:01:05 -0500, "Raul" <jjkgr(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

>can anyone help me with the configuration for exchange 2007?
>
>In 2003 all you needed was an MX record entry on your website for the SMTP.
>This was changed to transport in 2007 that I cant figure out.
>
>Please help with the MX configuration in 2007.
>
>Thanks in advance
>Raul Rego
>NJPIES

You need nothing inside your environment that you didn't already need
in 2003. You still need the MX at your ISP or whoever handles your DNS
From: Rich Matheisen [MVP] on
On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 08:01:05 -0500, "Raul" <jjkgr(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

>can anyone help me with the configuration for exchange 2007?
>
>In 2003 all you needed was an MX record entry on your website for the SMTP.

"MX" is a resource record type in DNS, not some website.

>This was changed to transport in 2007 that I cant figure out.

Nothing in DNS changes -- uless you're using different server name or
a different IP address, but that's still DNS, not Exchange.

The MX and A records should look something like this:

domain.com. IN MX 5 mail.domain.com.
mail.domain.com. IN A 1.2.3.4

>Please help with the MX configuration in 2007.

Why not just state what problem you're having? Knowing what your
domain name is would let someone check if your MX is using an A record
that's actually referencing your new server.

You can also visit this URL http://www.mxtoolbox.com/ and see if
things at least look correct.
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
From: Ed Crowley [MVP] on
You may need to add Anonymous to your default receive connector, as in:

Set-ReceiveConnector �Identity "<ServerName>\Default
<ServerName>" �PermissionGroups
AnonymousUsers,ExchangeUsers,ExchangeServers,ExchangeLegacyServers

You should run:

Get-ReceiveConnector | Format-List PermissionGroups

first to see which permission groups are present, and add AnonymousUsers to
the list in the Set-ReceiveConnector cmdlet.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

From: Raul on