From: thumbnail problems on
The error windows have a lot of text - is there anyway I can send you the
jpeg of the screenshots so you can look at them? I don't see a place for an
attachment here.

From: Paul on
thumbnail problems wrote:
> The error windows have a lot of text - is there anyway I can send you the
> jpeg of the screenshots so you can look at them? I don't see a place for an
> attachment here.

There are image hosting sites, where you can put the image for free.

http://imageshack.us/?no_multi=1

Once you've uploaded the picture, get the URL of the picture page, so
you can post that link in a new message.

Paul

> "Peter Foldes" wrote:
>
>> Can you tell us per verbatim what does this error say's and your computers OS and
>> Service Pack
>>
>> --
>> Peter

>> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>>
>> "thumbnail problems" <thumbnailproblems(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Every time I change one particular folder to thumnail view on my ahrd drive,
>>> explorer crashes and I get an error. I have screenshots if that will help
>>> anyone. This all started after I did a Windows update and I'm a little tired
>>> of having to go onto another computer in the network to view files. I'm
>>> afraid to move anythign because I dont' want this to happen elsewhere. Please
>>> help.
>>> TIA

From: thumbnail problems on
great idea here ya go!
http://a.imageshack.us/img814/4512/error1j.jpg
http://a.imageshack.us/img245/3178/error2i.jpg

From: Paul on
thumbnail problems wrote:
> great idea here ya go!
> http://a.imageshack.us/img814/4512/error1j.jpg
> http://a.imageshack.us/img245/3178/error2i.jpg

I can find a hit on "iepsps.dll" here.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=98745&st=15&p=562405&#entry562405

c:\program files\common files\corel\pspthumbshellext\iepsps.dll

Notice the second to last foldername. PSP thumbnail shell extension.
It could be, that some Corel program added an extension for
aiding the thumbnail feature. And added it for some file format
like PSP, whatever that is ? (Paint Shop Pro format ?)

http://www.telegraphics.com.au/svn/pspformat/trunk/psp5spec.pdf

Just for fun, if you have one of those, you can upload
it to virustotal.com and have it scanned for viruses.

I don't seem to have an iepsps.dll on my computer here, so
I don't think it is a regular system file. And it likely
came with your copy of Paint Shop Pro (by Corel or Jasc).

Paul

From: thumbnail problems on
Hmm, you are correct PSP is Paint Shop Pro and you know what? I did purchase
the latest version however, I installed that a couple of months ago but I
just recently started using it. I wonder if something activated after I
started using it. I will check out your links and if none of them help I'll
be on the horn with Corel 1st thing tomorrow! How long have you been doing
this? I looked at the report but geez, my eyes went buggy after awhile and I
never even saw the reference to Paint Shop Pro.
Thanks for taking the time, Paul! Now, is there a spell checkre that will
fix trasnposde lettres? OLO