From: "Dallas" Jagged on
shenan, i tried the d/l but up pops a window to buy winzip, but i cant
afford to buy anything, so either i did something wrong, or i just cant d/l
it to my system. thanks

--
Dallas.....

Dell P 4, 3GHz, 512 MB DDR SDRAM, 160 GB, Win XP HomeSP3, WMP11,
16X DVD-ROM & ,6X DVD+/RW, IE8, OE6, DSL, via AT&T. I use these on a regular
basis: Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, Ad-Aware, Spybot, Spyware Blaster, Window
Defender, BitDefender & Ccleaner

From: Shenan Stanley on
Dallas wrote:
> shenan, i tried the d/l but up pops a window to buy winzip, but i
> cant afford to buy anything, so either i did something wrong, or i
> just cant d/l it to my system. thanks

Huh? Sounds like you are doing something incorrectly.

You downloaded the proram from the link I gave - right side inside a BLUE
area labeled "Download Now (2,071 kb)"?

Direct link:
http://fileforum.betanews.com/sendfile/1224529601/2/1268808885.39dd2128e77a4f04358fa4138c6fb33fd9ad6adc/TransmutePortable.zip

Windows XP comes with the ability to extract/compress with "ZIP"
compression - so no third party apps are needed to do that - *unless* you
already installed WinZIP - in which case it can take over the functionality
and ask you to purchase the full product. Two solutions for this mistake
(other than buying WinZIP) are:

1) Uninstall WinZip. Restore Windows XP native ZIP functionality manually
if the uninstallation does not do this for you.
2) Download and install 7-Zip (freeware) and it will replace the
functionality of WinZIP and Windows XP and add much more functionality.

As for the program I linked - once downloaded - you simply *extract* the
files and run the program. The free version can only overwirte the
bookmarks - not back them up for later use.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

From: "Dallas" Jagged on
yea, tell me about it shenan - thanks & will try again.

oh, now i see, i did install winzip, but will follow your steps below as i
am still struggling w/ opera. thanks again; also for your patience

From: "Dallas" Jagged on
well, not sure i can even do what you said below.
"Restore Windows XP native ZIP functionality manually
> if the uninstallation does not do this for you."
never done this so am hoping the uinstall will do so for me.

sorry

From: Hot-text on
Dallas it's good to see that Daave is helping you out for I would have give
the some Info as he did!

Daave keep up the good info !

"Dallas" <Jagged Edge(a)StillIStruggle> wrote in message
> daave, many thanks & i have subsequently updated to the opera 10.50. will
> try the import again from firefox.
>
> --
> Dallas.....
>
> Dell P 4, 3GHz, 512 MB DDR SDRAM, 160 GB, Win XP HomeSP3, WMP11,
> 16X DVD-ROM & ,6X DVD+/RW, IE8, OE6, DSL, via AT&T. I use these on a
> regular basis: Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, Ad-Aware, Spybot, Spyware
> Blaster, Window Defender, BitDefender & Ccleaner
>

> "Daave" <daave(a)example.com> wrote in message
>> Dallas wrote:
>>> from opera - it gives me 2 choices - opera & opera beta 10 - all; i
>>> know is i try both & i have a ton of p/words & folders/bookmarks &
>>> cant get them over to firefox
>>>
>>> gonna see if i can export from opera as firefox doesnt seem capable of
>>> importing from opera, even tho' they say i can
>>
>> Simplify.
>>
>> Uninstall the Beta version of Opera. Reboot.
>>
>> What is the version of your non-beta Opera?

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: sign in at reboot
Next: Power Options not working