From: Gene on
When I delete a word/excel folder or word/excel document it deletes without
the warning asking if I'm sure I want to delete.

How can I reactivate the warning? I like that protection. It worked for
years until I reinstalled Office 2002 XP Pro after a PC restore.

thank YOU
--
Gene
From: "dgmacmi >" on
"Gene" <Gene(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I delete a word/excel folder or word/excel document it deletes
> without
> the warning asking if I'm sure I want to delete.
>
> How can I reactivate the warning? I like that protection. It worked for
> years until I reinstalled Office 2002 XP Pro after a PC restore.
>
> thank YOU
> --
> Gene

The delete warning is a Recycle Bin option. Right click on your Recycle Bin
and select properties. There is a check box to display delete conformation
warning. If the box is not checked, check it and click on Apply. If the box
is checked, clear the check box, click on Apply and close the Recycle Bin.
Right click again and select properties and check the box and click on
Apply. If that still does not restore the delete warning, clear the check
box again and reboot before you check it again.

The Recycle Bin is part of Windows. Installing Office should not change the
setting.

Don

Pages: 1
Prev: Email
Next: Somebody sell Office 2007 on web bid