From: T. Valko on
>I have a cell that lists today's date with the
>formula =TODAY().

Let's assume that cell is A1.

Try this for a TEXT result...

=TEXT(A1-DAY(A1),"mmm yyyy")

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

From: alanglloyd on
On May 4, 9:28�pm, GoBonnieGo <GoBonni...(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> I saw a question with this title on here and it's exactly what I want... but
> the answer is too technical for me and I'm wondering if someone can simplify
> it. �Here's my problem:
>
> Each month, my people fill in a claim for what they did last month. �On top,
> I have a cell that lists today's date with the formula =TODAY(). �In the body
> of the report, I need to list that the report is for the previous month/year.

=TEXT(EDATE(TODAY(),-1),"mmm yyyy")

EDATE() returns the date the number of months in the second parameter
before (negative) or after(positive) the date in the first parameter.

TEXT() returns the value specified in the first parameter, as text
formatted as the second parameter. If you want the month's name in
full use "mmmm yyyy".

Alan Lloyd
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2