From: chriswyn on
Pls help me in the above subject i.e. from the cell contents in excel as "4
Pcs.", what is the formula to be used to remove only number and mention in a
separate cell. i.e. cell should contain only numeric value, not the text.
From: Steve Dunn on
Chris, is the syntax always the same? i.e. a figure followed by a space
followed by text.

=VALUE(LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1)))

If it isn't, it may be advisable to provide more information on the
possibilities before we get further into it.