From: Aje on

Hello, I have spent hours trying to get sound to work on XP Pro 32 bit
on a customers Gateway MD2614u. I managed to find XP Drivers for
Wireless, Network, Video, just need sound and SD Card Reader driver.
Gateway support is pretty useless. So I considered trying Windows 7 but
Gateway doesn't offer Wireless drivers for Win7! So I'd rather stick
with XP if anyone can help provide their sound driver? My XP already
has SP3 installed so I'm not sure about the UAA now. Maybe Collapse can
upload his sound driver somewhere for us? I would be glad to back up
all the other drivers and share them with others. I cannot believe how
much of a pain Gateway's have become over the years compared to my easy
Dell's!

--
Aje
Aje's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/223732.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

From: Bobby Johnson on
This group is for 64-bit Windows operating systems, not 32-bit.

You need to go to the Gateway website for drivers for their systems or
contact the Gateway Tech Support.

Without knowing the specifications of the laptop it is virtually
impossible to know what the audio hardware is and what drivers are
appropriate for it.

From: Aje on

I realize that, but I found this post by searching google for XP sound
driver for gateway MD2614u. There are very few links that came up, so I
had hopes someone in this forum may have the ability to help resolve
this issue. I could search the Win 32 forum, but probably won't find a
thread about this particular gateway MD2614u model. And perhaps, where
the 64 bit solution is, may also be a 32 bit solution or driver. Either
way, this is a very frustrating and time consuming issue, and good
reason never to buy a Gateway! Believe me, I have tried their site,
tried emailing their support about 10 times back and forth and they
still don't get it. They state my SNID number is not valid, yet there
are no other numbers on this unit that I can find. They refuse to help
me based on the model number...totally useless.

From: collapse on

Bobby Johnson;4955141 Wrote:
> This group is for 64-bit Windows operating systems, not 32-bit.
>
> You need to go to the Gateway website for drivers for their systems or
> contact the Gateway Tech Support.
>
> Without knowing the specifications of the laptop it is virtually
> impossible to know what the audio hardware is and what drivers are
> appropriate for it.
>

> On 2010-05-23 14:41, Aje wrote:
> > Hello, I have spent hours trying to get sound to work on XP Pro 32
> bit
> > on a customers Gateway MD2614u. I managed to find XP Drivers for
> > Wireless, Network, Video, just need sound and SD Card Reader driver.
> > Gateway support is pretty useless. So I considered trying Windows 7
> but
> > Gateway doesn't offer Wireless drivers for Win7! So I'd rather stick
> > with XP if anyone can help provide their sound driver? My XP already
> > has SP3 installed so I'm not sure about the UAA now. Maybe Collapse
> can
> > upload his sound driver somewhere for us? I would be glad to back up
> > all the other drivers and share them with others. I cannot believe
> how
> > much of a pain Gateway's have become over the years compared to my
> easy
> > Dell's!

Wow Bobby, you should take that stick out. Even though this might be
under 64 bit O/S, this particular subject is dealing with the Gateway MD
series. Since XP does have a 64-bit version, I'm sure we are covered.
And Gateway has no support for XP on this model. I also came across this
thread on a Google search as well. So with all respect BJ, help or don't
post Slick. Don't be part of the problem, be part of the solution

--
collapse
collapse's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/172856.htm

From: Bobby Johnson on
I guess you have a significant problem comprehending "64bit"? If
everyone with anything slightly related to 64-bit, like you state below,
posted here then the volume of this group would be monstrous and there
would be total chaos.

Your argument doesn't wash. Just because "XP does have a 64bit version"
does not, by any stretch of the imagination, imply that any post about
any version of XP is related to the intent of the title of this group!

It's people with attitudes like yours that create the problem; people
who think it's alright to post a question just anywhere they want -
after all it is about computers even if it isn't related to the subject!