From: Steve M on
"Ron" <ron(a)lunevalleyaudio.com> wrote:
> It`s a kind of metal gong which looks like lid of a wok with dents in.
> seriously, they are very hard to find apparently, and make a wonderful
> noise.
>
> If bidding, make sure it's a real hangdrum and not the lid of a wok.

Yes. And many are tuned to a specific note, like A, G, C, and the most
popular one....
The E wok.

Steve<snip> McQ

From: Arkansan Raider on
Steve M wrote:
> "Ron" <ron(a)lunevalleyaudio.com> wrote:
>> It`s a kind of metal gong which looks like lid of a wok with dents in.
>> seriously, they are very hard to find apparently, and make a wonderful
>> noise.
>>
>> If bidding, make sure it's a real hangdrum and not the lid of a wok.
>>

> Yes. And many are tuned to a specific note, like A, G, C, and the most
> popular one....
> The E wok.
>
> Steve<snip> McQ

Now wookie here: *I* tell the puns around here! Heh.

---Jeff
From: liquidator on

"Steve M" <mcsteve1350(a)verizon.net> wrote in message
> "Ron" <ron(a)lunevalleyaudio.com> wrote:
>> It`s a kind of metal gong which looks like lid of a wok with dents in.
>> seriously, they are very hard to find apparently, and make a wonderful
>> noise.
>>
>> If bidding, make sure it's a real hangdrum and not the lid of a wok.
>>

> Yes. And many are tuned to a specific note, like A, G, C, and the most
> popular one....
> The E wok.
>
> Steve<snip> McQ

Apple is bringing out an I-Wok, it won't work with any standard

From: geoff on
liquidator wrote:
> "Steve M" <mcsteve1350(a)verizon.net> wrote in message
>> "Ron" <ron(a)lunevalleyaudio.com> wrote:
>>> It`s a kind of metal gong which looks like lid of a wok with dents
>>> in. seriously, they are very hard to find apparently, and make a
>>> wonderful noise.
>>>
>>> If bidding, make sure it's a real hangdrum and not the lid of a wok.
>>>

>> Yes. And many are tuned to a specific note, like A, G, C, and the
>> most popular one....
>> The E wok.
>>
>> Steve<snip> McQ
>>

> Apple is bringing out an I-Wok, it won't work with any standard

But great colours. You'll need one for creative cooking.

geoff

From: Arkansan Raider on
geoff wrote:
> liquidator wrote:
>> "Steve M" <mcsteve1350(a)verizon.net> wrote in message

>>> Yes. And many are tuned to a specific note, like A, G, C, and the
>>> most popular one....
>>> The E wok.
>>>
>>> Steve<snip> McQ
>>>
>> Apple is bringing out an I-Wok, it won't work with any standard
>
> But great colours. You'll need one for creative cooking.
>
> geoff

Of course, it's USB-powered and just waiting for the killer app.

---Jeff
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: Hello