From: bsdbeliever on

FreeBSD-8.0R, FreeBSD-7.2S:

sound system errors on my laptop errors under bootup.
any recommendations or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

hdac0: HDA Codec #0: Conexant CX20551 (Waikiki)
hdac0: hdac_audio_as_parse: Pin 20 has wrong direction for association
1! Disabling association.
hdac0: hdac_audio_as_parse: Pin 21 has wrong direction for association
1! Disabling association.
hdac0: hdac_audio_as_parse: Duplicate pin 2 (29) in association 1!
Disabling association.
SMP: AP CPU #1 Launched!
From: Dominic Fandrey on
bsdbeliever wrote:
> FreeBSD-8.0R, FreeBSD-7.2S:
>
> sound system errors on my laptop errors under bootup.
> any recommendations or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
>
> hdac0: HDA Codec #0: Conexant CX20551 (Waikiki)
> hdac0: hdac_audio_as_parse: Pin 20 has wrong direction for association
> 1! Disabling association.
> hdac0: hdac_audio_as_parse: Pin 21 has wrong direction for association
> 1! Disabling association.
> hdac0: hdac_audio_as_parse: Duplicate pin 2 (29) in association 1!
> Disabling association.
> SMP: AP CPU #1 Launched!

None but to report to the driver maintainers. Make sure to add the device
ID (pciconf -lv) to your report.

--
A: Because it fouls the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?