From: SkippyPB on
On Sat, 2 Feb 2008 13:25:09 +0000 (UTC), docdwarf(a)panix.com () wrote:

>In article <qEOoj.26935$m_6.14703(a)fe01.news.easynews.com>,
>William M. Klein <wmklein(a)nospam.netcom.com> wrote:
>
>[snip]
>
>>About what percentage of those contractors that
>>you know are not able to work from home (when employees are)?
>
>I cannot speak for Mr Wagner's experience but I have a few decades' worth
>of experience as a consultant/contractor/hired gun... and my present
>client is the first one that has permitted me to log on remotely.
>
>I was not given the ability to do so for my first three years on site and
>even now I looked at... askance if I use it as a substitute for driving
>down to the office.
>
>DD

I've been a consultant/contractor/hired gun for 11 years and in all
those 11 years I have only had to go onsite 4 times with 4 different
clients. And the reason for the onsite visit was either to personally
attend start-up meetings and/or to have security put on my laptop.
Other than that, I always been supplied with log ons, secure ids,
whatever they use and access the mainframe and/or network via my own
broadband internet in my home.

Regards,
////
(o o)
-oOO--(_)--OOo-

"It's a beautiful day for a night game."
--Baseball Radio Announcer Frankie Frisch

Remove nospam to email me.

Steve