From: trying to 1*-+ trying to on
FrontPage 2003
Aside from putting some text across the picture, Is there a way to render a
picture non-printable? I see it on the www.ltdcommodities.com site. It says
you cannot access the pictures, even to copy and paste. Any ideas, anyone?
From: Patricia Geary on

"trying to 1*-+" <trying to 1*-+@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> FrontPage 2003
> Aside from putting some text across the picture, Is there a way to render
> picture non-printable? I see it on the www.ltdcommodities.com site. It
> says
> you cannot access the pictures, even to copy and paste. Any ideas, anyone?

If I open the site in FF, i can copy any of the images. You can make it
difficult but it is not impossible to get the images.

See http://www.jamesshuggins.com/h/web1/how_do_i_stop_downloading.htm

pat

From: Tom Willett on
The javascript people use to prevent right click is a joke, and is easily
defeated.

This is an old, old, old topic that's been around this newsgroup for years.

Bottom line: Can't be done.
And here's why:

How do I stop people from downloading my graphics or code?

http://continue.to/hope

http://www.digitalmidget.com/help/noclick/index.php

http://www.jamesshuggins.com/h/web1/how_do_i_stop_downloading.htm

http://www.jimcosoftware.com/protect.aspx
--
Tom [Pepper] Willett
"You're a daisy if you do!"

From: Dan L on
BTW, the pictures you say cannot be downloaded on the ltdcommodities.com site
are Flash. All the images toward the bottom (VeriSign, McAfee, BBB, etc) are
downloadable.

From: Rob Giordano [MS MVP] on
and so are Flash pix.

--