From: alxrays on
Hello Dave,
You're not going to believe this. When I went to investigate where the
trojan path was I found it came from one of my Data CD's.When I ran this CD
to look for Music files I didn't realize that the F-Secure scanned the CD and
found this trojan.
The Path was as follows:
File:D:\Saved Music\gene blues monkees full voice isomds.wma
This is why I couldn't find the trojan when I ran the Malwarebytes program.
The Cd was already taken out of my drive
I am so greatful for your help and time-
Thanks again,
Al
--
thank you

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "alxrays" <microsoft(a)help.com>

| Hello Dave,
| You're not going to believe this. When I went to investigate where the
| trojan path was I found it came from one of my Data CD's.When I ran this CD
| to look for Music files I didn't realize that the F-Secure scanned the CD and
| found this trojan.
| The Path was as follows:
| File:D:\Saved Music\gene blues monkees full voice isomds.wma
| This is why I couldn't find the trojan when I ran the Malwarebytes program.
| The Cd was already taken out of my drive
| I am so greatful for your help and time-
| Thanks again,
| Al
| --
| thank you

Al:

Please submit a sampleof "gene blues monkees full voice isomds.wma" to Virus Total --
http://www.virustotal.com/flash/index_en.html
The submission will then be tested against many different AV vendor's scanners.
That will give you an idea what it is and who recognizes it. In addition Virus
Total will provide the sample to all participating vendors.

You can also submit a suspect, one at a time, via the following email URL...
mailto:scan(a)virustotal.com?subject=SCAN

When you get the report, please post back the exact results.

--
Dave

From: alxrays on

--
thank you

"David H. Lipman" wrote:

> From: "alxrays" <microsoft(a)help.com>
>
> | Hello Dave,
> | You're not going to believe this. When I went to investigate where the
> | trojan path was I found it came from one of my Data CD's.When I ran this CD
> | to look for Music files I didn't realize that the F-Secure scanned the CD and
> | found this trojan.
> | The Path was as follows:
> | File:D:\Saved Music\gene blues monkees full voice isomds.wma
> | This is why I couldn't find the trojan when I ran the Malwarebytes program.
> | The Cd was already taken out of my drive
> | I am so greatful for your help and time-
> | Thanks again,
> | Al
> | --
> | thank you
>

> Al:
>
> Please submit a sampleof "gene blues monkees full voice isomds.wma" to Virus Total --
> http://www.virustotal.com/flash/index_en.html
> The submission will then be tested against many different AV vendor's scanners.
> That will give you an idea what it is and who recognizes it. In addition Virus
> Total will provide the sample to all participating vendors.
>
> You can also submit a suspect, one at a time, via the following email URL...
> mailto:scan(a)virustotal.com?subject=SCAN
>
> When you get the report, please post back the exact results.
>
> --
> Dave
> Multi-AV - http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp
>
> Hello Dave,
I tried to post the sample to Virus TOTAL but got no response.This is no big
deal I just eliminated the song from my Data disc.
Thanks again,
Al

From: alxrays on
My Anti-Virus Program is about to expire do you know of a free
Anti-Virus program to download?
Thanks
--
thank you

From: "FromTheRafters" erratic on
I'll go ahead and recommend Avira's "AntiVir Personal - Free Antivirus"
as it is what I am using on my XP sp3 machine.

I'll go so far out on a limb as to suggest that many here would also
recommend it (Sundays are kinda slow).