From: rc on
Good morning group,

Can anyone advise me as to how to remove the recycler virus? I have
attempted several adware/spyware scans but without any luck. I have read
several forums suggesting editing registries and the sort. Would like to
avoid that if possible but if not I would like guidance. thanks .

From: "FromTheRafters" erratic on
Could you be more specific?

I have a vague answer...

MBAM, SAS, and MSRT are all available for free.

From: rc on
MBAM, ADAware, Rogue Remover are the ones I have attempted to remove
C:\Recycler\s-1-5-21-1482476501-1644491937-682003330-1013\csrxx.exe

From: "FromTheRafters" erratic on
Have you tried emptying the recycle bin?

From: VanguardLH on
rc wrote:

> Can anyone advise me as to how to remove the recycler virus? I have
> attempted several adware/spyware scans but without any luck. I have read
> several forums suggesting editing registries and the sort. Would like to
> avoid that if possible but if not I would like guidance.

So why not delete the Recycler folder and reboot to have Windows create
a new one?

In a command shell:
- c: (or whatever drive you want to remove the Recycle Bin)
- cd \
- attrib -s -h recycler (might be called Recycled on some hosts)
- del recycler
Reboot.

I don't recall if <drive:\Recycler is a reserved name. If so, you have
to use the syntax noted in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315226 or
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/320081 (cause 5). If the commands above
don't work in a command shell, reboot Windows into its Recovery Console
mode and execute them there.