From: alxrays on
I am using Windows Home Editon XP SP2
I have F-Secure Security 2010 running and it came up with a message that it
couldn't remove the Virus Trojan.Generic.IS.559211
Can anyone help me find a solution to remove this virus?

--
thank you
From: Leythos on
In article <65E4F046-72BF-483E-8E2E-1B21A82523C4(a)microsoft.com>,
microsoft(a)help.com says...

> I am using Windows Home Editon XP SP2
> I have F-Secure Security 2010 running and it came up with a message that it
> couldn't remove the Virus Trojan.Generic.IS.559211
> Can anyone help me find a solution to remove this virus?

Search for and download MBAM, update it, run it, a full scan.

Trust yourself.
From: David H. Lipman on
From: "alxrays" <microsoft(a)help.com>

| I am using Windows Home Editon XP SP2
| I have F-Secure Security 2010 running and it came up with a message that it
| couldn't remove the Virus Trojan.Generic.IS.559211
| Can anyone help me find a solution to remove this virus?

| --
| thank you

Either it is a virus or a trojan, not both. The name "Trojan.Generic.IS.559211" indicates
a generic trojan and it is not a virus.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Dave

From: alxrays on
I tried the Malwarebytes program and it found no trojan. I also ran my
F-Secure Internet Security 2010 and it did not find the trojan again.Is it
possible it's gone?
I don't understand why my security program listed this trojan as failed to
remove and yet after running the scan again it doesn't indicate it being
there anymore.
--
thank you

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "alxrays" <microsoft(a)help.com>

| I tried the Malwarebytes program and it found no trojan. I also ran my
| F-Secure Internet Security 2010 and it did not find the trojan again.Is it
| possible it's gone?
| I don't understand why my security program listed this trojan as failed to
| remove and yet after running the scan again it doesn't indicate it being
| there anymore.
| --
| thank you

It is possible.

You only posted F-Secure couldn't remove "Trojan.Generic.IS.559211" but did not indicate
what the fully qualified name(s) and path(s) were to the files deemed to be infected with
"Trojan.Generic.IS.559211".

--
Dave