From: D on
so as the date slides... i would like the attached downstream tasks to slide
also(day for day). this would give me a more accurate idea of what my finish
date to the customer would be. the version i am using is 2003.
From: John on
In article <D1E36A3A-38AE-4866-9D38-E437EC5649B1(a)microsoft.com>,
D <D(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> so as the date slides... i would like the attached downstream tasks to slide
> also(day for day). this would give me a more accurate idea of what my finish
> date to the customer would be. the version i am using is 2003.

D,
This will happen automatically if, tasks are linked logically without
constraints. For reference, if you created your file by manually
entering start and/or finish dates, Project will automatically set
constraints on all tasks.

John
Project MVP
From: Trevor Rabey on
Get set up for tracking and updating so that you can see what you are doing,
6 steps:
Save a baseline
Set a status date
Show the Tracking Gantt View
Show the Tracking Table
Show the Tracking Toolbar
Format the gridlines to show the status date as a vertical red line on the
chart

Input the Actual Start date/time.
Input the Actual Duration, usually the number of days from the actual start
to the status date.
If necessary, ie you have laid more or less bricks than estimated, revise
the remaining duration
If tghe task is finished, input the Actual Finish date/time

Experiment with the 2nd and 3rd buttons on the Tracking Toolbar.

Do not enter % Complete. The software calculates that for you from Actual
Duration/Total Duration.
Never show planned duration in the past.
Never show progress in the future.
--
Trevor Rabey
0407213955

"D" <D(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> so as the date slides... i would like the attached downstream tasks to
> slide
> also(day for day). this would give me a more accurate idea of what my
> finish
> date to the customer would be. the version i am using is 2003.

Pages: 1
Prev: Task Delaying start
Next: Drop Down Menu